Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Newest addition a Fuzz Factory clone by ThorpyFX. Still cheating posting in this thread as I still don't have a pedalboard...or decent patch cables for that matter...or any skill on the guitar...

Current signal chain:
    TC Spark -> Strymon Mobius -> (Fuzzy Facility -> EHX Soul Food -> EHX Tortion) in the Mobius pre/post loop -> HD500x -> (Strymon Timeline -> Strymon Bigsky) in the HD500x FX loop -> DT50 112.

And everything together:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    ^^How Shiny is that Guitar !!^^

Real nice kit fella.

Do you find the HD500 Restrictive? I have given up on multi effects units because of the concentration drain and endless hours programming but i've never owned an HD500. A long time ago when they were brand new i owned an HD300 which had good sounds at house volume but was awful on stage and fiddly as hell to program. 

With the Strymons being present is the HD500 just for a few small additions to the effects chain ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Alnico said:

Real nice kit fella.

Do you find the HD500 Restrictive? I have given up on multi effects units because of the concentration drain and endless hours programming but i've never owned an HD500. A long time ago when they were brand new i owned an HD300 which had good sounds at house volume but was awful on stage and fiddly as hell to program. 

With the Strymons being present is the HD500 just for a few small additions to the effects chain ?
    I'd guess it is for controlling the Variax and amp
    Stop crying, start buying
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Moss said:
    Alnico said:

Real nice kit fella.

I freely admit i know nothing about all that, it's Voodoo.
  • Moss said:
    Alnico said:

Real nice kit fella.

Yup, Moss got it. Mainly for the Variax and Amp controlling (aka the Line 6 'Dream Rig™'), and fills any gaps in the effects department.

As for it being restrictive, depends on your
    wants and needs I guess. The unit does a lot and there are some great sounds to be had without using external pedals, but I know I can get a much better sound from the pedals instead of just the POD. Some of the POD effects don't have a lot of adjustable parameters and it can be a bit tedious trying to dial in a setting, but as I say there's a lot in there.

I'm a pretty shite guitar player (but eager to learn), so take my words with a pinch of salt. I can't hand on heart say I've explored everything the POD has to offer but I've certainly played around with it a lot. When I started, like many people I wasn't sure what sound I wanted, so I went with a setup to give me a little taste of everything and at the minute it does just that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited December 2015
    I'm getting somewhere now. US is on the way out? I'm babysitting Nicks BitQ and Scavenger. Gonna need a few hours with the BitQ ! Missing a looper.

http://i.imgur.com/7tie9nl.jpg
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30880
    Lew said:
    I'm getting somewhere now. US is on the way out? I'm babysitting Nicks BitQ and Scavenger. Gonna need a few hours with the BitQ ! Missing a looper.

Nice.....although how a man who clearly only has one leg can stomp on a pedal is beyond me.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Lew said:

Nice.....although how a man who clearly only has one leg can stomp on a pedal is beyond me.
    That's like a red rag to a bull, you know as well as anyone @Lew will get his hairy toes out at any opportunity now to prove he's still got both legs!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Slippers!!!

@Lew im almost proud :-D
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4525
    edited December 2015
    . .
    @Gassage I've good toe control. @Meltedbuzzbox christmas aint christmas without slippers!
  • Lew said:
    @Gassage I've good toe control.
    @Lew stop flirting.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Green eyed monster
  • DanDan Frets: 440
    This be mine.

Just had the pedaltrain metro 16 for christmas with a few of the pedals. Its my home practice one as most of the time I cant be arsed to get the big board out, but it sounds great and so portable I might take it to practice anyway.

TU3->Tim Clone->CM2->Donner Boost (RC Clone)->HOF->Flashback

• voxmanjohnvoxmanjohn Frets: 75
    edited January 2016
    My current pedalboard with the off board pedals!

MXR Carbon Copy, Xotic EP, GMD Luther Drive and Final Booster currently on the board.

Off the board Original signed Zendrive, Klon KTR and Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    edited January 2016
    This is my "not finished yet but still planning with bits of A3 taped together paper for size" board...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/c43db772967463394326a7dddfc4c5e8.jpg

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Wazmeister;919761" said:
    This is my "not finished yet but still planning with bits of A3 taped together paper for size" board...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/c43db772967463394326a7dddfc4c5e8.jpg
    That is a good amount of looping.
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    edited January 2016

Looks crap... Needs more dirt pedals I think.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7752
    kjdowd said:
    Wazmeister;919761" said:

That is a good amount of looping.
    image doesn't include Pigtronix Infinity and Boss RC-300
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 454
    Pretty epic Waz! Regret not picking up a Moog :(
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/