Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• @TeeByrd Nice board! How do you use your Mantra? Have the same one and struggle to know where it's strength lies! So versatile!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    I just picked it up from his house so no waiting list. However that was over a year ago so things might have changed
    RaymondLin;955156" said:
    @hotpickups did you order the Lazy J Cruiser direct from Jesse and was there a waiting list? 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • TeeByrdTeeByrd Frets: 159
    edited January 2016
    @stefken147 depends which amp I'm using. If you turn both the bass and the table knobs full clockwise you scoop out the mids. I use that more for My Swart STR Tweed. Both fully counter clockwise kicks the mids back in. With the Morgan I like both halfway between mids and a flat eq. Is your Mantra the standard one? I got the custom version with the low gain switch and keep it on that setting 99% of the time.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7754
    Paul_C said:
    The incoming H9 prompted a rethink on layout / power / MIDI routing, so I thought it'd be better to start again
    if you decide after rearranging that you've got room for a Count To Five then mine's up for grabs ;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    dogload said:
    Well, it's been ages since I posted my pedalboard... mostly coz it's been pretty stable for a while. However!

I finally got myself a Pedaltrain (my old wooden case is starting to show the strain :(  ) soooo...

However, in the process of setting it out, I managed to drop my Hazarai pedal and bend the white Hazarai control, which seems to be behaving oddly, and as yet I haven't been able to test it properly. I'll be pretty gutted if that's knackered! I use the reverse delay quite a lot.
    ahhhh thats where that ring mod went. 

@meltedbuzzbox

Do you have to use two postcodes to store that?
    @Gassage thats not mine mate

note the absence of any moogerfoogers ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • TeeByrd said:
    @stefken147 depends which amp I'm using. If you turn both the bass and the table knobs full clockwise you scoop out the mids. I use that more for My Swart STR Tweed. Both fully counter clockwise kicks the mids back in. With the Morgan I like both halfway between mids and a flat eq. Is your Mantra the standard one? I got the custom version with the low gain switch and keep it on that setting 99% of the time.

Yeah, mine is the Prymaxe one too, definitely prefer the low gain mode. Will have to have another play about with the tone stack. Cheers!
  • Not a complete board, but so much versatility here.

http://i.imgur.com/RrO0LlE.jpg
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited February 2016
    I love the simplicity of this compared to lunking the 30kg flight case of the previous board.
    All because a couple of gigs ago I had a problem setting up and couldn't get any sound, didn't have time to fault find, so I went totally old school: 
    Guitar --> cable --> Amp
    And it sounded fine.  That amp was a JVM410h, this Orange is different.  It's a ton lighter for a start!

This small board is just a pure, functional, gigging workhorse which does more than enough:  two drives which stack well give a combination of clean, crunch, gain, and lead boost.  And sound great -- (that DS-1 is modded though).  The wah and phaser add a bit of quack and swirl as required.  And in the FX loop the obligatory echo (and I use an external tap tempo switch live), and the PS-6 Harmonist like a small Swiss Army knife, which is mostly used a chorus pedal, but does some great whammy dives and "crazy horses" rises, and those Thin Lizzy style second guitar harmony lines.  (Very fast tracking and does great + or - octaves too which can be fun for solos.)

• Mine as of about midnight last night. Patiently awaiting the H9, and will need to wire that in and two more midi cables...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff193/guitarsforminnaars/Mobile Uploads/74636BAB-610F-43BE-B69D-8458DAE5D0EF.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • being a lefty I assume you are left footed too @GavRichList ?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Mine as of about midnight last night. Patiently awaiting the H9, and will need to wire that in and two more midi cables...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff193/guitarsforminnaars/Mobile Uploads/74636BAB-610F-43BE-B69D-8458DAE5D0EF.jpg
    Don't think you left a big enough gap... ;)
  • I am indeed @meltedbuzzbox - if you'd ever seen me play football, you'd know it to be profoundly true

Don't think you left a big enough gap... ;)

don't even joke!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7754
    three sold, but the relapse has begun!

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thats one of my all time favourites the delay lab
    If it wasn't as big as a double decker bus I think I would still have it. 
  • thats one of my all time favourites the delay lab
    If it wasn't as big as a double decker bus I think I would still have it. 
    And roughly the same weight too. Love mine though.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    meltedbuzzbox;956170" said:
    being a lefty I assume you are left footed too @GavRichList ?
    Im a righty but use my left foot for pedals...never found it comfortable to use my right.
  • Just sorted out a new power supply, so was testing it out and all the cables not neatened up yet, but you get the idea: http://i.imgur.com/lxyRtmV.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow you like your delay don't you @BintyTwanger77 ;)
    BintyTwanger77;959267" said:
    Just sorted out a new power supply, so was testing it out and all the cables not neatened up yet, but you get the idea:

http://i.imgur.com/lxyRtmV.jpg
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • @hotpickups That I do, mannie, that I do. I've got a Count To Five preordered as well! I may have gone too far.