Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    cbellanga said:
    Don't think I'll change that for quite a while now!

Claudio- lovely work my good man...hope all well.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I HAVE NOT BOUGHT A PEDAL SINCE JANUARY. 

As you were. 
    and how many synths...?
    Some. 
  • GurrGurr said:
    Very happy with this board, i just change the fuzz spot here and there. I'll have to rearrange the whole thing to use the ES-8. Since i'm in a band again the es-8 and the possibilty of using presets is inevitable, cause tapdancing is annoying :)

Signal chain for now:
    Fairfield Circuitry Accountant
    PTD Rotobone
    BA Mutant
    Thorpy Warthog
    Thorpy Peacekeeper
    Boss Tuner
    EHX POG2
    Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl
    MA CT5
    Chase Bliss Wombtone
    Red Panda Particle
    Red Panda Raster
    Chase Bliss Gravitas
    Chase Bliss Tonal Recall
    Empress Reverb

Tremendous effort. 

• I HAVE NOT BOUGHT A PEDAL SINCE JANUARY. 

As you were. 
    I HAVE NOT BOUGHT A PEDAL SINCE FRIDAY

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • keirkeir Frets: 137
    edited November 2016
    cbellanga said:

Did you make the favourite/ tap switch yourself? I'm looking for a dual favourite switch that is nice and compact like yours. Also where did you get your low profile trs cables from please?

EDIT: how do you like the shure wireless?
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • Gassage said:
    cbellanga said:
    Claudio- lovely work my good man...hope all well.
    Thanks James, accepting that as a big compliment as aware of your feelings towards strymons ;)
    Hope you good man!
  • keir said:
    cbellanga said:
    Did you make the favourite/ tap switch yourself? I'm looking for a dual favourite switch that is nice and compact like yours. Also where did you get your low profile trs cables from please?

EDIT: how do you like the shure wireless?
    hi mate, yes did it myself .. just a stereo jack / 1pdt on the left for the favorite and a mono / spdt on the right for the tap tempo. Very easy to build. I think I got the trs pancake jacks from RS and soldered the cable myself.

The Shure is just outstanding .. was sceptical at the beginning but totally happy now (apart from the real state on the pedalboard) :)

Cool cheers, I should pull my finger out and make one for myself. 

Definitely interested in going wireless, getting tired of cables going bad and generally getting in the way of things. Was looking at the line 6 g10 but apparently the battery isn't changeable so once it wears out you need a new unit.

Do you attach the transmitter to your strap of can you just put it in your back pocket?
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • My bedroom/home board's been in a state of flux for a few months, but finally I'm there.  A few of these still need velcro-ing, but the layout works for me.  Excuse the crappy taken-in-fading-light shot...

Signal path is...

GUITAR > DIY buffer > Korg Pitchblack > DIY Orange Squeezer + Treble Booster > EHX Ring Thing > Tronographic Boxidizer > WH Red Llama > Mid-Fi Demo Tape Fuzz > EHX Freeze > Alexander F.13 Flanger > SA Nemesis > Neunaber V1 Slate (WET) > AMP

...all powered off a Fame DCT-200 stashed under the board.  I can get everything I need out of this, and for once, I'm perfectly happy with the way all the gain stuff is stacking.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • keir said:

Definitely interested in going wireless, getting tired of cables going bad and generally getting in the way of things. Was looking at the line 6 g10 but apparently the battery isn't changeable so once it wears out you need a new unit.

Do you attach the transmitter to your strap of can you just put it in your back pocket?
    strap works fine for me!
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    edited November 2016
    Pretty pleased with my whole set up now. Tempted to switch out the Cast Casper for a Tonal Recall, but that's it really. I haven't tidied the PSU wiring yet, as I need to buy bigger rubber feet for the boards so I can tuck everything underneath. 

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    edited November 2016
    This is a better photo of the gang. 
    ">
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Made myself a pedaltrain style board and had a reorganise. Loving the Memory Man at the moment. Still planning to replace the Zoom with an H9 and maybe the Delaylab with a Timeline

• VJIves said:
    Pretty pleased with my whole set up now. Tempted to switch out the Cast Casper for a Tonal Recall, but that's it really. I haven't tidied the PSU wiring yet, as I need to buy bigger rubber feet for the boards so I can tuck everything underneath. 

Absolutely love that offset!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    cbellanga said:
    keir said:

strap works fine for me!
    Cool, food for thought!
  • Latest incarnation of my home board.

3 moogerfoogers in the helix loops, then the 4th loop with cali, dd1959 and 4 eyes fuzz. Epic.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj611/Patrick_Redford/20161111_222216_zpsesizsrih.jpg
  • garfygarfy Frets: 143
    Finally got there with my boards. Really happy for the time being  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Gassage you need to up your game son!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    edited November 2016
    Pedalboard V2.0 

bit of a home brew effort: wilko doormat glued and stapled to a bamboo chopping board, a set of rubber feet of an old amp, plus an integrated mic stand and a shoe polish tin for picks and ear plugs - ready to gig this weekend. 

Fits in to an old flight case i had hanging around.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Pedalboard V2.0 

bit of a home brew effort: wilko doormat glued and stapled to a bamboo chopping board, a set of rubber feet of an old amp, plus an integrated mic stand and a shoe polish tin for picks and ear plugs - ready to gig this weekend. 

Fits in to an old flight case i had hanging around.

I did the integrated mic stand thing once and got a terrible "BOOM" through the mic every time i clicked a pedal on or off.

That might be worth checking before a gig but if you've a way around that then fair play and good luck for the gig.