Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited December 2016
    Here's the latest, and hopefully the last incarnation for a while...

Switched the Nova out for the Flight Time which I think could be replaced by the new Free The Tone delay next year. The Mooer little ones have been replaced by the CE-2 and Phase 95 and the Mojo has been replaced by the Vibe Machine. 

Think the best upgrades I've done are going all Buffalo for my main sounds. The M-1 is great and the Power Booster is a beauty too. The Infinity doesn't need to be at my feet as I'm hoping to control it via MIDI (we shall see how that goes shall we!).

Special mention for the DIG, I should probably sell it as I have too many delays, but it stays because it sounds lovely and I like it. Each one offers something different that I really like, so I'm happy and it's a fun, fun *board*!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's the latest, and hopefully the last incarnation for a while...

Switched the Nova out for the Flight Time which I think could be replaced by the new Free The Tone delay next year. The Mooer little ones have been replaced by the CE-2 and Phase 95 and the Mojo has been replaced by the Vibe Machine. 

Think the best upgrades I've done are going all Buffalo for my main sounds. The M-1 is great and the Power Booster is a beauty too. The Infinity doesn't need to be at my feet as I'm hoping to control it via MIDI (we shall see how that goes shall we!).

Special mention for the DIG, I should probably sell it as I have too many delays, but it stays because it sounds lovely and I like it. Each one offers something different that I really like, so I'm happy and it's a fun, fun *board*!
    Mate.... nice selection there J !!!

I know what you mean about the DIG, I sold mine but may revisit in the future ! Unique delay... 

You just need a board the size of a barn door now...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mate.... nice selection there J !!!

I know what you mean about the DIG, I sold mine but may revisit in the future ! Unique delay... 

You just need a board the size of a barn door now...
    Thanks fella! Ha, yes, that's the issue isn't it, it'll be a heavy beast! However, I have a plan to put most of it in a rack...somehow! Won't be easy but should be cool when finished. Still think that a couple of pedals could be culled, maybe!

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited December 2016
    @Jonathanthomas83 ;THAT is an awesome selection of pedals.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited December 2016
    Thanks @Teetonetal  it's taken ages to get to this point!

• sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Is it gonna be a studio rig or are you taking in on the road?
  • This is the latest, been this way for 5 months and no changes. I've considered a tape delay but the dm-2 still works really well. Been lol'd before for cable ties so here goes:

http://i.imgur.com/V7DPyJu.jpg
  • @sgosden hoping to do both if I can find a good way to put them in a rack flight case of some kind :-)

• peteri said:
    Ah I didn't realise you want to do both. There is only one option then and its quite pricey. @GavRichList linked it a few posts bac
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Just added my last pedal for 2016, The brilliant Phase 95. Wicked fun!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    edited December 2016
    So, this afternoon, I made a thing...

Yep, it's totally rough round the edges and I haven't even bothered painting it...because it's never leaving the house. This is my studio/recording board; the idea is that if I ever play live again, I'll just take the stuff off it that I need.

It's designed specifically to fit in that gap under the desk (it sits to my right). There's a lot going on, but it breaks down pretty easily:

- MIDI: the ART X-11 controls presets on the Eventide Time Factor and a NUX relay unit under the board, which switches channels on both Jet City amps (JCA22H and JCA50H).

- There's only one signal up to the TC Mimiq. That splits the signal off to the two amps, which then go through a reactive load each and back into the inputs of the Eventide. This gets around any issues involving uneven effects loop levels (or badly-designed loops, in the case of the JCA50H) and generally levels the playing field.

- The outputs from the Eventide then feed directly into my audio interface, where they'll be fed into Wall of Sound III for some realistic cab emulation.

- The signal chain for the right-hand channel is totally isolated using Orchid Electronics isolating transformers. No ground loops here.

- Oh, and I'm running it all from two Warwick Rockboard LT rechargeable battery power supplies. Awesome things, they are, and zero-noise.

Of course I haven't tried it yet, so it's all theory at this point. I'm one cable short.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Looks pretty cool though ..
  • So, this afternoon, I made a thing...

Yep, it's totally rough round the edges and I haven't even bothered painting it...because it's never leaving the house. This is my studio/recording board; the idea is that if I ever play live again, I'll just take the stuff off it that I need.

It's designed specifically to fit in that gap under the desk (it sits to my right). There's a lot going on, but it breaks down pretty easily:

- MIDI: the ART X-11 controls presets on the Eventide Time Factor and a NUX relay unit under the board, which switches channels on both Jet City amps (JCA22H and JCA50H).

- There's only one signal up to the TC Mimiq. That splits the signal off to the two amps, which then go through a reactive load each and back into the inputs of the Eventide. This gets around any issues involving uneven effects loop levels (or badly-designed loops, in the case of the JCA50H) and generally levels the playing field.

- The outputs from the Eventide then feed directly into my audio interface, where they'll be fed into Wall of Sound III for some realistic cab emulation.

- The signal chain for the right-hand channel is totally isolated using Orchid Electronics isolating transformers. No ground loops here.

- Oh, and I'm running it all from two Warwick Rockboard LT rechargeable battery power supplies. Awesome things, they are, and zero-noise.

Of course I haven't tried it yet, so it's all theory at this point. I'm one cable short.
    @digitalscream what's The Juicer like? The Mooer description is rather vague. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • @digitalscream what's The Juicer like? The Mooer description is rather vague. 
    I gave it half an hour's going-over in the shop with a JCM800, and it basically seems like a very transparent TS-alike (although closer to the Bad Monkey, control-wise), but when you wind the "Juice" control up it adds a lot of sustain-y goodness. I'll be putting it through its paces tomorrow once I've got the whole studio rig set up, so expect some clips in the next few days. I've got a whole list of things people want me to do demos of...

JCA22H and JCA50H
    Eventide Time Factor
    TC Mimiq
    Mooer Juicer
    TC Shaker
    AMT Powereater

...so I really should get on it.
    <space for hire>
  • I shall look forward to that then  =)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72298
    Mine currently looks like an empty flightcase with a breakout box and a power supply (which also needs replacing) in the back corner.

Can't decide whether to go through the faff of putting the pedals I have left back on it with all the usual cabling hassle, or just bolt the Boss GT-5 in and be done with it.

The GT-5 actually sounds better...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:

Can't decide whether to go through the faff of putting the pedals I have left back on it with all the usual cabling hassle, or just bolt the Boss GT-5 in and be done with it.

The GT-5 actually sounds better...
    Gt5 it is then
  • UPDATE: The new board (above) works brilliantly, even with both amps plumbed in via the Mimiq and the Eventide running after the dummy loads.

There's a bit of a whine coming from somewhere that I haven't been able to nail down yet, but it's pretty low-level. I reckon it's probably the best recorded sound I've had (demos to follow over the weekend, hopefully).

@professorben can attest to the astonishment we both felt on hearing the Mimiq for the first time. It really is one of those "WOW!" pedals that work far better than you'd think they possibly could. I've since tried it in mono, and it's a bit pants...if you want to get one, then you definitely need a stereo rig.
    <space for hire>
  • UPDATE: The new board (above) works brilliantly, even with both amps plumbed in via the Mimiq and the Eventide running after the dummy loads.

There's a bit of a whine coming from somewhere that I haven't been able to nail down yet, but it's pretty low-level. I reckon it's probably the best recorded sound I've had (demos to follow over the weekend, hopefully).

@professorben can attest to the astonishment we both felt on hearing the Mimiq for the first time. It really is one of those "WOW!" pedals that work far better than you'd think they possibly could. I've since tried it in mono, and it's a bit pants...if you want to get one, then you definitely need a stereo rig.
    Yeah, the Mimiq really is awesome, to the point where I was hitting an A chord and just switching it on and off, until @digitalscream asked me what I was doing and I felt sheepish......
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • On a side note totally unrelated to music, peach shnapps is very good..........
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom