Dragons Den - Gear and Fx style

What's Hot
thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9714

Right, I tend to think too much so last night I came up with a few ideas for gear that I thought were cool and could be useful. Might make an interesting thread if people bring their own ideas too, or share their opinions on what has been suggested. I've tried to keep them relatively feasible and sensible, though of course with anything, extra bonus applications of them may arise like a tongue into a cheek

1. Floor based stompable mixer. So like something with a few channels/loops like a switcher, but with tweakable levels on each. Initially I was thinking of something that could switch between 2 or three phrase loopers in sync with each other, to give access to different drum phrases for verse and chorus etc, or say have a basic drum pattern on one, then stomp the other to add cymbals or hi hats kind of thing. So different to a switcher, each channel would work in parallel not series, stereo outs at the end, basic volume level on each channel and perhaps a pan option on each channel. I would also like a foldable rubber coated cover to go over said controls once set, so I wouldn't step on them when stomping in and out.
Another additional feature could be a Boost switch mode. So say you need something plugged into it louder for a section, select that channel and it increases the volume of it, press again to turn it off, or press one of the others to move the boost to that channel instead. I guess you could also use it if you use multiple instruments, as a mute switch. Alternatively, plug all your band members in through it and when you want them to shut up, just stomp the switch =]

2. The Picklace. I always drop picks on the floor, or if acoustic, through the soundhole. I reckon by punching a small hole in the pick, threading through that hole a piece of string (how long is up to you), then attaching this to your strap or strap-locks, even if you drop the pic (or release it to play fingerstyle), it will only be a case of picking the string back up and there it is again. Added bonus, you'd also look as cool as a granny with her glasses on a cord, or a child with string-joined mittens.

3. Auto tune for guitar. Not to correct bad playing of course, but would be a cool effect similar to the whammy's and pitch shifters of this world, but with that cool warbly pitch bend effect they use in stuff like Daft Punk's One More Time. Perhaps expression pedal control input too?

I'd like 20p for 200% of my business. Dragons, are you in?

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    ...tell me something about yourself?? Do you have any tragedy in your family that I might base my decision on contrary to the fact you have no grasp of profit and loss or any idea of the real-world business dynamic...??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    A very large true-bypass pedal; when it's off the signal just passes straight through, but when you stomp it on, the signal passes through a true bypass 3PDT switch. No LED to tell you whether it's on or off because that might affect the tone.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9714
    No @57deluxe, but I did manage to arrange the above post into a small piece of musical theatre in the style of Tinchy Strider
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ...then I'm out!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    I really like this as a business. It is something I have a lot of experience in. So what I'm going to do is to make you an offer - half of the money, so 10 pence for 400%.

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Hi, I'm Frankus ... have you ever heard the Russian phrase about catching rabbits? It says you can't chase two at the same time as you'll catch neither ... so what are you selling me - a pick with a hole in, a Boomerang III or a Gibson Robot Guitar?

.... long stare....

... still staring...

... in silence...

...like a dick...

still staring...

still...

(change camera, I need to blink!)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    100ft telescopic mike with a wind break shaped like a boxing glove on the end! Twat all twunts.
    thecolourbox;180529" said:
    You don't know what you're talking about, I'm the expert here!!! I wanted Deborah anyway

Well good Luck!  - Deborah has a dirty dirty habit of picking the wax out her ears and toying with it in her long nails...Yuk Yuk Yuk!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• GassageGassage Frets: 30889

Look, on the basis there's an investor here that matches your needs much better than I, I'm going to defer to sausagefingers, Mike D Phillips and declare myself OUT!.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was about to describe something then realised I was describing the pedal power volto or whatever it's called.

How about a Dumble in a box? ;)