SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED (for now...) Anyone selling/thinking of selling their Lazy J J20?

What's Hot

Comments

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    JerkMoans said:
    I haven’t got a dualist?! And @cbellanga WHY did you have to come into my life 2 weeks before tax day? *beats chest/rends garments/howls in impotent pain and rage*

(do send me all particulars: I’m sure I can sell the dog)
    Ooops sorry I meant someone else who posted on here. Go on buy the best tweed out there. You can always sell it for more or less what you paid for it anyway @JerkMoans ;

im not helping am I :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Personally if I bought another I wouldn't bother with the reverb or trem so the one cbellanga is selling would be perfect
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8775
    Personally if I bought another I wouldn't bother with the reverb or trem so the one cbellanga is selling would be perfect
    May I ask why? Are they simply features you don’t use much, or have you found pedals to be better/more variable?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1428
    edited January 2018
    I just didn't think either was particularly good, to be honest. I have a few other amps with great trems and reverbs in them, and the ones in the J20 never really came close.

I don't really use amp reverb much anyway, but I DO use trem a good bit, and the Lazy J one didn't really cut it - actually a Supatrem into it was far better. I like the concept of the modules, but in practice neither one worked for me.
    I suppose it's all down to if you like reverb before or after pre amp etc I've been told. I agree though I wouldn't be fussed if I didn't have reverb module on board mine but it's convenient and saves space on my board etc in having one. Hell of a price to pay to include one now of course since Brexit :(
  • garfygarfy Frets: 143
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    I just didn't think either was particularly good, to be honest. I have a few other amps with great trems and reverbs in them, and the ones in the J20 never really came close.

I don't really use amp reverb much anyway, but I DO use trem a good bit, and the Lazy J one didn't really cut it - actually a Supatrem into it was far better. I like the concept of the modules, but in practice neither one worked for me.

Agree with this. Fantastic amp, but the reverb and trem pedals I have are better than the modules.

• DominicDominic Frets: 16012
    Agree ,the Reverb and Trem are both quite poor actually .........amp is far better without them
    Interesting: one's popped up on FleaBay today, too, with reverb and a flightcase but at an eye popping £2,350...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    JerkMoans said:
    Interesting: one's popped up on FleaBay today, too, with reverb and a flightcase but at an eye popping £2,350...
    Jeeez you can get a new one for that 
    JerkMoans said:
    Jeeez you can get a new one for that 
    In 9 months....
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9446

I agree 100% with this... id buy without the verb and term too
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Well me too! The lazy J and a strymon flint are great together
    I’ve got the Flint. Just no J :(
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I'm wondering - do you know for sure that the J20 will be better than your Flynn 5e3, or are you just hoping it will be?  Have you tried them against each other?
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
    edited January 2018
    Trude said:
    I'm wondering - do you know for sure that the J20 will be better than your Flynn 5e3, or are you just hoping it will be?  Have you tried them against each other?
    I have received repeated assurances that it will be, but am a sucker for the hype.  Need to try them against one another to be certain.

All a bit academic at the moment with HMRC breathing down my neck..  I'll be strumming a charity shop acoustic in the precinct and singing 'Streets of London' to wincing passers by D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Mark, if you’re up this way you are welcome to a/b the amps with mine. 
    Cheers
    tim
    daddyash said:
    Mark, if you’re up this way you are welcome to a/b the amps with mine. 
    Cheers
    tim
    You're a star.  I hope you won't live to regret that offer :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Ha ha. I know!
  • JerkMoans said:
    Trude said:
    I have received repeated assurances that it will be, but am a sucker for the hype.  Need to try them against one another to be certain.

All a bit academic at the moment with HMRC breathing down my neck..  I'll be strumming a charity shop acoustic in the precinct and singing 'Streets of London' to wincing passers by D
    Make sure you do try them back to back. I think you'll be surprised to find that grass is not particularly greener, if that makes sense?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom