NGD :)

geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
edited August 2013 in Guitar
Well despite today being an arse with a particular ebay transaction, my lovely wife cheered me up with this:

It's a Honeyburst Peavey Generation from 1992, handcrafted in the USA - beautiful and a proper bargain... don't confuse these with the EXP, very different beast - tele sound on the bridge, strat further up. Will post a review after it arrives...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Thats nice. Congrats. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1005
    That looks great. You have a great wife :-)
  • That looks great. You have a great wife :-)
    no arguments here :)

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2350
    oooh very nice

like that pickup layout- got a fretking like that. Does your peavey have the ability to select neck + bridge together? Mine doesn't (I realise I could wire it in,but I haven't got round to it) and I kinda miss that option :))
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    Excellent - great guitars, played a cropper classic once which was very nice. Apart from a humbucker at the bridge.
  • Dave_Mc said:
    oooh very nice

like that pickup layout- got a fretking like that. Does your peavey have the ability to select neck + bridge together? Mine doesn't (I realise I could wire it in,but I haven't got round to it) and I kinda miss that option :))
    No, sadly not, it's a fairly standard five way blade...

ah right. I suppose you could wire it in on a push-pull or something like that. At least I assume you can, as i said, i haven't got round to it myself...
  • yeah, was after a coil tapped guitar originally, then kinda ended up with this by accident - despite its shape I was surprised by how stratty it sounds in any position but the bridge!

edited August 2013
    Yeah mine sounds pretty stratty too. Playing it I can notice a slightly faster attack/slightly harder edge than a strat would have (because of the bridge, i'm guessing), but I'm sure that wouldn't be noticeable to anyone listening (I can just about notice it myself playing it). I don't gig, but if I did I think it'd be a pretty handy guitar, it might let you bring one guitar instead of two, kind of thing.

just it'd be perfect with the ability to get bridge + neck :))
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    That's beautiful guitar mate! Love the colour and this neck... Mm... Definitely let us know how does it feel in flesh :)
  • it's lovely - really fast - might need some tens on it though, as the nines seem a bit too weedy on it! :)

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Yup, from my experience most teles like at least tens on them - mine came alive with 11s - much more agressive tone and body response.
  • hadn't thought about 11s, I might try some, I find the 9s really kill any kind of sustain on this guitar.