Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gimme some YouTube channel recommendations

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22714
    Alnico said:
    Ben Eller

That guy is a brilliant teacher and his approach never makes me feel like the inadequate idiot I am.

I like Ben Eller's videos because he's funny and entertaining, but he doesn't teach anything simple enough for me to attempt to play.

I find Stevie T hilarious (....although I realise most people hate him).

Richie Castellano (Blue Oyster Cult guitarist) has a good channel called Band Geek where they play live covers of classic rock stuff.

Other than that I enjoy watching live clips of bands I like - and trying to find ones which don't sound like they were recorded on a first-generation iPhone buried in a bucket of sawdust. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Richie Castellano/Band Geek for me.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Philly_Q said:

I find Stevie T hilarious (....although I realise most people hate him).

i like Stevie T in small doses.. he is undeniably an amazing player, and its really good when he plays. But too much of him and i have to turn it off :)
    Same with Jared Dines, he's properly good guitarist & drummer.. but small doses - I do like his shred wars though. The Angel Vivaldi one is particularly good. 

On that note.. Angel Vivaldi :)
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2193
    edited December 2017
    I'm following Jeff Schneider's videos at the moment. Not guitar, but there's some interesting stuff, especially on chord progressions.

It's not a competition.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    And of course `Harry`s Garage` for when you nd a break from all things guitars...........
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734

Western Swing RULES.

Both for guitar and steel.

• I'll go through some of my favourites here.  Some are mentioned already but I'm gonna say them again anyway.

Henrik Andersen - if you like John McLaughlin's Shakti stuff then check this guy out.
    SATSUMA3042 - Amazing Japanese guitarist who records his videos from his cafe.  Does spot on Yngwie and Van Halen covers and plays in a Japanese VH cover band called Yon Halen.
    Riccardo Vernaccini - plays covers of solos of songs from 80s and 90s and you can buy the tabs from him too.  
    Evan Bradley - has covers (with tabs) of Freak Kitchen, Dream Theater, Savatage, and Cynic solos.  He's going to be releasing a Savatage anthology tab book.
    BabySaster - woman with a wig or man dressed as woman?  Well, whatever the case, (s)he is a good guitarist and does Yngwie, Ozzy, Iron Maiden etc covers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3219
    edited December 2017
    Recent ones I've been following are:
    Paul Davids
    Rick Beato
    Shawn Tubbs

(Shawn deserves to be up there in the 'Pete Thorn zone' but only has 8000 followers)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274

hilarious!!
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    rico said:

Dave’s World Of Fun Stuff

Watch you don't miss his latest video where he makes a chicken stew!!!

Joking aside, I practically learned how to set up guitars by sitting for hours watching him set up loads of guitars. Almost feels like I served an apprenticeship under him without all the sweeping etc.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2892
    Pete Thorn - even though a lot of it is gear reviews he's such a good player that it's really inspiring. 
    Johan Segeborn.
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    StichMethod Guitar is my favourite guitar channel on youtube, it's mainly theory based.
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    +1 for Dave Simpson
    ++1 for Eric Haugen
  • OnTheRopesOnTheRopes Frets: 44
    edited December 2017
    Pebber Brown really is worth a look for instructional type stuff and he really does tell it how it is. I find him amusing and inspirational.

• NeillNeill Frets: 941
    There's so much stuff out there isn't there but must admit I do like Dave Simpson, especially as he proves time and again that you don't need expensive gear to sound great.   
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11743
    Ahem...

Mary Spender :)

;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    edited December 2017
    I love the techs like Randy and Dave's World,  but for learning and having incredible technique then I've not seen better
    than anyone can play guitar https://www.youtube.com/user/AdrianPWoodward/videos

• Shout out for Guitar Search Saturdays - weirdly addictive.

• neilgneilg Frets: 94
    Neill said:
    There's so much stuff out there isn't there but must admit I do like Dave Simpson, especially as he proves time and again that you don't need expensive gear to sound great.   

I really like Dave but his recent ten minute anti theory rant in one of his Q&A videos grated a bit.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4171
    edited December 2017
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom