Four vehicle hit and run

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    dunno about murder, but it shows an almost complete lack of humanity

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Saw that earlier. Can't believe that no one stopped. Utter disgraceful behaviour all round. I hope the killer gets caught
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10264
    Read that this morning.I swear I'm going to stop reading the news first thing in the morning.This,along with those three poor kids killed in a house fire,its far too upsetting.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    mellowsun said:
    Let's hope you're never on a jury then.

She stepped out into traffic while the lights were green for road users. The driver of the 1st truck and 2nd car have already handed themselves in to police to be interviewed under caution and been released without charge - that doesn't usually happen with murderers does it?

It's almost like there is more to it than a simple hit and run...
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4773
    Why did none of them stop though would be the question? If you hit a rabbit or a bird in a car you flippin know about it, I'm pretty sure you'd notice if you hit a person. Having been to a number of minor to serious pedestrian vs car incidents, there is always more than one side to the tale.... However you would still stop surely?

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• I can see a lorry not stopping as a mere human under the wheels may not register, especially the rear wheels of a traitor but two cars as well? I know that junction well it can be confusing for both drivers and pedestrians but all you need to do is stay alert.
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited December 2017
    The problem with HGV's is the visibility. They can't see the area below the windscreen. There was a similar incident here a couple of years ago. Lorry stopped at a red light on a pedestrian crossing. A woman got half way across but dropped her shopping, and as she was kneeling down picking up all of her stuff the lights turned green and the lorry set off and crushed her. The driver was completely unaware of what had happened and people had to bang on the windows etc to get him to stop.

Without getting too gory, the human body may not be instantly recognisable after being run over by a HGV.