Too Lazy for 180g Double Albums

What's Hot
Having to get up every 15 mins is too much like effort. Does it really sound better?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11678
    In my recent experience vinyl is a great way to enjoy music.

Not the only great way though :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • Having to get up every 15 mins is too much like effort. Does it really sound better?
    I think so. But my cat prefers to sit on me for longer than that so CDs can be more convenient. They must have been invented by someone who didn't want to turf the cat off his lap every 25-20 min,
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Having to move the belt to change speed on my turntable is the major thing that puts me off. Peter Gabriel 1 does sound rather good though.
  • It sounds warm and organic. Like my poo. :-)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31369
    kaypeejay said:
    Having to move the belt to change speed on my turntable is the major thing that puts me off. Peter Gabriel 1 does sound rather good though.
    At which speed?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I like vinyl. I got a good turntable about a year ago. I'm not a massive fan of the reissue double albums where a side lasts for about 15 mins. It's like being into playing singles and ep's again.

Still, first world problem, not a big deal. Not convinced the 180g sounds any better though.

• I like vinyl. I got a good turntable about a year ago. I'm not a massive fan of the reissue double albums where a side lasts for about 15 mins. It's like being into playing singles and ep's again.

Still, first world problem, not a big deal. Not convinced the 180g sounds any better though.

Feels a lot nicer to handle than the almost comically thin records that were being put out in the 90s though.
  • Feels a lot nicer to handle than the almost comically thin records that were being put out in the 90s though.
    That was to persuade the vinyl stragglers that CD was better so they should change over.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    I remember a few years ago playing  a copy of Obscured by Clouds by Pink Floyd
     on my record player I hadn't heard it before but was knocked back by how new it
    sounded you could really just about dance to it ..it was only when the pinky perky
    vocals came in that I realised I was playing it at 45 not 33 rpm ........ =)
  • My turntable only does 33