Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The League of Gentlemen.. New Episodes

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Off Topic tFB Trader

Starts next Monday and is on Tuesday and Wednesday too (only a three episode special) on BBC 2

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Keeping my expectations low. The third series was terrible and I didn't bother with the fillum. Hopefully it will be as good as series 1 or 2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking forward to it...like you say I hope they haven't broken it.....if so there's always the safe word.....juliet bravo
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Meh. Series 1 brilliant, series 2 brilliant, series 3 terrible and unfunny. Film so bad that I gave up about 15 mins in and never went back. Wouldn't hold my breath. 
  • cpcompany said:
    Keeping my expectations low. The third series was terrible and I didn't bother with the fillum. Hopefully it will be as good as series 1 or 2.
    Series 3 was great and the film was a fantastic concept on the idea. I’d give it another go if I were you 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    I've forgotten whether I liked series 3 or not, I only remember the style was a bit different.  I liked the film.  I'll be treating the new episodes with caution.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    axisus said:7
    Meh. Series 1 brilliant, series 2 brilliant, series 3 terrible and unfunny. Film so bad that I gave up about 15 mins in and never went back. Wouldn't hold my breath. 
    You're forgetting the radio series on R4 prior to the TV series. Just like Hitchhikers Guide the pictures were better on the radio.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    edited December 2017

I'm quite looking forward to it.

The live show was one of the funniest evenings of my life.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Will be worth watching just for Mickey Love, IMHO.
  • Series 3 was very cleverly put together IMO. I don't think they 'overdid' LOG....thankfully. In the USA it would have 18 seasons by now.

Some of the best UK comedy in years. For me it is up there with Young Ones and Phoenix Nights.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
     A timely thread.  I was off work yesterday with the lurgy and couldn't settle on anything I wanted to watch from my death couch.  I'll admit to never watching an episode of League but really enjoyed Inside number 9....so....a quick sky catch up search for LOG later and I'm watching it from the start.  Got 3 episodes in and gave up. Loved the humour, loved the characters hated the laugh track.  I know what I find funny, I don't need to be told.  

I await the old man shouts at cloud, first world problem responses.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    First series was exceptional but like most comedy shows it slowly ran out of steam.
  • First series was a long time ago (the bloke who played Little Don fom the roundabout zoo died in 2003). Watching it now for the first time would probably be like watching On The Buses when everyone else was watching the Young Ones.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    I really enjoyed 3.

just think how many TV series now take the same approach to storytelling.  It probably seems dated now because so many do it
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    WezV said:
    I really enjoyed 3.

I found it incredibly slow and dull after the quickfire of S1 and S2. I seem to recall one episode was a guy jerking off blokes in a massage parlour. It was excruciatingly uncomfortable to watch with family. 
  • Just caught first episode. Fantastic. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6901
    Just caught first episode. Fantastic. 
    Agreed. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3899
    First 60 seconds were particularly hilarious. Or is that hilHAIRious?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just when you thought it was bad enough, they ramp it up a notch with “Key under the mat?”

Very good, I like the way they’ve let the characters develop in the time they’ve been away.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Legz akimbo- I’m still laughing :lol: 
    The bingo sketch was genius. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Am recording them all simply so I have a LoG orgy in January when the kids go back to school.