Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone bought from Gas Station Guitars

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• No, but I have just had some bloke on Reverb make me an offer for my Gretsch way below the asking price, and that for collection purposes he was going to be in London Gateway Services for the next week... so basically a gas station....

He's staying at a motorway services for 7 days???? Think he might be a murderer.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    edited December 2017
    Just following up on this. I wanted to add a couple of MIJ Les Pauls to my LS50. I made an offer on a Greco 600 and it was accepted. Due to arrive today. So I contacted Keith and asked about a deal on a couple of other guitars he had. Response was prompt and comms were great, and we did the deal. The other two won’t be here until next week, so we’ll see what the condition of the product is like, but the service is good and Keith seems open to conversation on prices. I still think the Fadeds are pricey but he has done decent deals on the Grecos.

NGD posts to follow on arrivals...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    edited December 2017
    The Fadeds are pricey, but I have seen good (read nice flame top) examples go for £1600-ish and on the odd occassion even closer to £1800.

They are very, very nice guitars.  Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I love mine.

But those particular ones were on Ebay for ages at one point and never sold.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwood said:
    Just following up on this. I wanted to add a couple of MIJ Les Pauls to my LS50. I made an offer on a Greco 600 and it was accepted. Due to arrive today. So I contacted Keith and asked about a deal on a couple of other guitars he had. Response was prompt and comms were great, and we did the deal. The other two won’t be here until next week, so we’ll see what the condition of the product is like, but the service is good and Keith seems open to conversation on prices. I still think the Fadeds are pricey but he has done decent deals on the Grecos.

Will be interested to see what models you’ve gone for and how they turn out buddy. Been considering these as another option in ‘the hunt’. :)
    ellwood said:

Will be interested to see what models you’ve gone for and how they turn out buddy. Been considering these as another option in ‘the hunt’. :)
    Incoming are:
    Greco Eg600
    Greco EG800 Custom
    Orville 1994 Custom (rosewood board)
    Greco Eg59-60
    Greco EG59-65

Will Let you know when they are all in and you can come and have a play...
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwood said:
    ellwood said:

Incoming are:
    Greco Eg600
    Greco EG800 Custom
    Orville 1994 Custom (rosewood board)
    Greco Eg59-60
    Greco EG59-65

Will Let you know when they are all in and you can come and have a play...
    Wow a full range. You really don’t do things by halves do you Nick! :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited December 2017
    When I buy a Les Paul I might well go and check out what's there... with my haggling hat on.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • prlgmnr said:
    The thing that gets to me about these guys is that anyone else who has a Japanese Fender to sell is going to see all these and think that's the kind of price they can expect to get.
    Happens frequently with Yamaha SGs...

*cough*Joey*cough*Moorewood*cough*
    Super bloke to deal with though, received a big pile of cash for my 70s SG, very easy transaction
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • ellwood said:

I have imported many MIJ Les Pauls and with the costs involved that need to be added on top, not to mention the risks involved and now with the CITIES issue being more and more adhered to i thought GSG prices were fairly reasonable.
    The guy gotta make a living, that said if you can get cheaper or better else where obviously go for that but i bought a fabulous RLG 60 off him recently and without import costs/risks/insurance or Coventry customs holding facility or bloody Parcelfarce (sorry Parcelforce) its a great deal 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Some nice stock! But expensive. How' he got so many faded les Paul's? Was flicking through a 2006 guitar mag the other day. Can you believe faded les Paul's were £999 when new!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    They have them advertised at high prices, but seem willing to drop them

Have had good service from Keith each time I have used them - and his customer service when there was an issue was faultless.
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Agreed - Had an issue with a guitar I bought from them and Keith was excellent when it came to sorting it out.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    That’s good to hear.... I offered to collect one a while back as he’s local ish.... He didn’t want any collections, which rang alarm bells. It was a lovely Greco EG 900 as well.... :s