SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Suhr Classic Pro mint condition.

What's Hot

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6673
    ....just back from USA tour bump....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Been trying to convince my mate to buy this, looks in great condition. I love my Classic Pro, GLWS!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    Is the body routed for a bridge humbucker?
    I've just discovered that it IS indeed routed for a bridge humbucker. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    edited April 2018
    merlin said:
    I take it you're not the original owner as this suggests it started life as HSS as I don't believe Suhr rout all their bodies, regardless of pickup configuration, HSH/swimming pool. John Suhr isn't keen on this.

I wish I'd known as I only just sorted myself out this week and I liked this one.

GLWTS

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    Kebabkid said:I take it you're not the original owner as this suggests it started life as HSS as I don't believe Suhr rout all their bodies, regardless of pickup configuration, HSH/swimming pool. John Suhr isn't keen on this.

Pro Series guitars are (or certainly were) routed HSH. IIRC @thomasross20 altered his HSS to HSH.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    Kebabkid said:
    merlin said:
    I take it you're not the original owner as this suggests it started life as HSS as I don't believe Suhr rout all their bodies, regardless of pickup configuration, HSH/swimming pool. John Suhr isn't keen on this.

I wish I'd known as I only just sorted myself out this week and I liked this one.

GLWTS

Some of the classics were routed for HSH, some for HSS and some for SSS.
    I can't remember the exact reason but I remember John commenting on this on TGP.
    They respond quickly when you email them and will be able to track the specific guitar.
    From a John Suhr post:-
    - https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/suhr-classic-body-routes.1280105/#post-15746971

"The standard Pro is HSH or SSS not a swimming pool.
    Everything else is routed to pickup spec unless otherwise ordered a different way. I'm all for leaving as much wood as possible"

edited April 2018
    Kebabkid said:
    From a John Suhr post:-
    - https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/suhr-classic-body-routes.1280105/#post-15746971

"The standard Pro is HSH or SSS not a swimming pool.
    Everything else is routed to pickup spec unless otherwise ordered a different way. I'm all for leaving as much wood as possible"

Yes, but this is a Classic Pro, not a Standard. 

I'm so sorry @Kebabkid I wish I'd lifted the scratch plate earlier. 
    Exactly, hence my original comment.

No worries and I was so tempted but needed at least the HSS or HSH but at least the buyer now has that choice :)
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4773
    Kebabkid said:
    merlin said:

GLWTS

Tbf, you can see on the Suhr spec sheet that the guitar has been SSS since it was made. Whether Merlin is the original owner or not, the guitar left the factory with 3 single coils. Clearly then it has been factory routed for a bridge HB if people wanted to put one in. Whatever JS says this is clearly an exception or different due to it being a Classic Pro, who knows. Still at least it's out there now. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I keep looking at this...

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • That's a killer guitar.  I have a very similar one, Classic Antique that's had the factory relic treatment and was modified from its original HSS to 3 single coils, Seymour Duncan Antiquities.  Mine doesn't have the Suhr hum reduction system but it's pretty quiet.  It's the best strat I've ever had.  I bought it blind, but no regrets.  I've had a number of Mexican and USA strats, including the likes of an Eric Johnson.  None of them felt as nice in my hands as this one.  It makes me want to pick it up and play it, the others didn't, and that's the acid test for me.  The name and price don't matter in the end if you don't want to play it.  Whoever buys this guitar will want to play it.  If I had the cash lying around it would be on its way to me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And sold..many thanks to the forum and modmins for the facility. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Congrats - was sorely tempted by this by my Guthrie Charvel has not shifted yet :)
    Nice to see this one finally go :)
  • But... :) Well done! 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    For anyone who missed out on this lovely Suhr......... It's been part chopped or possibly on commission at World Guitar:
    https://worldguitars.co.uk/shop/suhr-classic-pro-olympic-white-26497/

Seems like the buyer may be a bedroom dealer after all. He did say specifically that he didn't want me to mention on the forum who had bought it. I asked him why, he said that he didn't like drawing attention to new guitars as he felt paranoid being away so much. He did low ball me quite heavily. 

Oh well. I guess I should know better by now. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2018
    What can you do fella? You put it up for sale, someone offers to buy and you sell it. What they do after that is up to them, even if they do things we would consider a tad naughty.....

I'm on WG's email list and always check out the pre owned, just happened to notice it as it was new in (their pre owned stock doesn't change much over the months!), when I clicked it realised it was the same guitar.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33782
    edited May 2018
    merlin said:
    Seems like the buyer may be a bedroom dealer after all. He did say specifically that he didn't want me to mention on the forum who had bought it. I asked him why, he said that he didn't like drawing attention to new guitars as he felt paranoid being away so much. He did low ball me quite heavily. 

Oh well. I guess I should know better by now. 
    I will identify myself then.
    I am not a bedroom dealer and people here know that I am not.

I found it too heavy and it wasn't for me.
    I did turn it around fairly quickly but that isn't a crime.

I traded it against two Anderson's that I really like for about the same as I bought it for including the fuel it took me to drive from Oxford to Brighton, then Brighton to Oxford, then Oxford to World Guitars and home again.

I hope that settles it.