Victory amps customer service

What's Hot
CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
I know the opinions about the actual amps differ quite a lot on here (especially on the v40) but you really can’t fault Victory’s customer service.

I bought a second hand V45 and it was missing the nut that held the single ended mode toggle switches in place.

I emailed Andy at Victory to just ask what size but I needed.

I’ve spoken to Andy on a few previous occasions and bought a few bits through him so he knows my details.

Anyway, I didn’t get a reply to the email which was fine because it’s December and people get busy or go away.

BUT out of the blue on Friday, a Jiffy bag turns up from Victory with a complete new switch and Victory sticker!  That’s class.

Secondhand amp and he took the time to find the part, find my address and send it to me for FREE!

Its a really small thing but I had to share it because I think it’s just top notch customer service and makes me want to buy more Victory amps!!
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4169
    Andy from Victory is the best. He's sorted me out on a few occasions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChesterChester Frets: 52
    edited December 2017
    Servicing customers well and generating the "goodwill" factor will keep good businesses viable when things get FUBAR'd again. Good to hear

I am seriously thinking of a Sheriff 44 next ..
  • I’m not a fan on the amps but  Martin Kidd is a very nice man and has messaged me personally when at Cornford and now Victory 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Didn’t they offer free speaker replacements for people who owned a V30 Baron?
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I had some great service from Victory. 

I purchased a used victory combo on ebay which developed a reverb fault after a week or so. I did some checks myself and determined it was likley to be the reverb transformer faulty. I gave them a ring to see if i could arrange service. To my suprise they said "you do know the amp has a lifetime warranty via the dealer".

I explained i brought it used and they said no problem.

They paid for all the shipping and returned it back to me fixed with a spare set of new valves, a cover and t shirt.

Fantastic service.
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Collings said:
    I had some great service from Victory. 

I purchased a used victory combo on ebay which developed a reverb fault after a week or so. I did some checks myself and determined it was likley to be the reverb transformer faulty. I gave them a ring to see if i could arrange service. To my suprise they said "you do know the amp has a lifetime warranty via the dealer".

I explained i brought it used and they said no problem.

They paid for all the shipping and returned it back to me fixed with a spare set of new valves, a cover and t shirt.

Fantastic service.
    Fantastic?
    More like miraculous!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Glad other people have had the same experience!
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    I emailed back and forth with Martin Kidd once with questions about my Cornford Carrera.  This was when Victory amps were already well established.  He was really patient and helpful, so I can echo the compliments given above.
  • It’s Lee Anderton’s company & he knows a thing or two about customer service. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We have a late contender for gag of the year
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4169
    edited December 2017
    It’s Lee Anderton’s company
    Wut?
    Well that rumour started years back, when they were posting a lot about a new brand under Kidd’s design hand. Quite possibly malicious from the Cornford camp but it persists & is a bit of an in joke in the industry. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well that rumour started years back, when they were posting a lot about a new brand under Kidd’s design hand. Quite possibly malicious from the Cornford camp but it persists & is a bit of an in joke in the industry. 

I should have been more clear as i was referring to him ‘knowing a thing or two about customer service’

I should have been more clear as i was referring to him ‘knowing a thing or two about customer service’

Really? I've not had any issues.... I get the feeling I've missed something....??