The 2018 theFB Challenge **Now OPEN**

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Sesh said:
    Alright, I'm in. My DIY Tele kit became a pile of bits over the weekend. The rebuilding saga begins...
    I think I could have written that exact post.....home made tele in pieces as I type, awaiting a "facelift"

Will put put up a thread tomorrow....saga indeed....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 10672
    How's everyone else getting on?

Trying not to be an over-achiever, but if all goes as well as it has the last couple of days, my first guitar may well be finished by this time next week.

That's a good thing, 'cos I need it ready in time for rehearsal on the 24th to test it before the gig on the 25th...
    "Mains is ouchy if you get it up you" - Sporky
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 12379
    Trying not to be an over-achiever,
    At least one person has finished already
    ;)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 1391
    Mine won’t be finished before early March. All the hardware is here. Just waiting on the neck and fretboard blanks to arrive, and then acclimatise. Which gives me lots of time to change my mind about trivial details like body shape, scale length, and pickup configuration. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 840
    Somewhat annoyingly mine is finished

http://i.imgur.com/bmxWX1o.jpg

and I'm twiddling my thumbs, however there is a Mustang/Bronco Bass mashup in the planning stage - Roasted Ash body, with a natural finish and a recycled Squier Bronco Bass 30" scale neck, Gold Lace Sensor single coil, Mustang control plate......I also plan to modifiy a Squier hardtail Strat for the eldest grandson, away on the North Island next week so will find a suitable donor then....

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• SeshSesh Frets: 532

Trying not to be an over-achiever,
    I'm trying not to be an underachiever, and failing. Got nowhere really so far. Snooker has been watched, Crash Bandicoot has been played, but the guitar failed to meet the sandpaper all weekend.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • I am in with my scratch built Strat with certain differences! 
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 838
    Fantastic that people are finished already. I don't even have all the parts for mine yet, only got some grain filling and sanding done. It'll be Feb or March before I get a good run at the project.