Current best insurers for instruments?

What's Hot
StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1460
edited December 2017 in Guitar
New house on the horizon and I'm taking some of my gear home from the studio when we move in, so just wondering who's currently the best company for insuring guitars?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    I use New Moon. Real people who answer the phone. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cool, I'll give them a call. Thank you
  • I use Allianz for all my music gear. Reasonably priced, and they cover everything, including accidental damage, theft from an unattended vehicle etc.

I've even had the experience of claiming when my poor Gibson got a broken neck - they covered the entire cost of the repair plus £400 for depreciation in value!
  • I use Allianz too, the monthly premium works out around £13 a for 7 guitars, amp head, cab and pedalboard.
  • I also use Allianz. 

Another plus  is they don’t charge when you change your gear, which works well if you have serial GAS

i think mine clocks in around £11 a month for 5 guitars, amp and pedals including new for old! 

• That sounds pretty good - do they base it on overall value or number of instruments insured?
  • @StuartMac290 value and I guess the level of cover. 

I don’t have out of the house cover for my Fiancé’s keyboards because she doesn’t gig with them so it cost me hardly anything to add. 

Where as the premium is affected more if it’s one of my guitars that I change. 
  • I need them covered for professional use for my girlfriend and I (which is why I can't use my home insurance) and they're kept both in our home or at my studio. We only ever gig with four or five at the most at a time. I'm looking to cover about 22 guitars and maybe a couple of amps since the rest of our amps are covered by the studio insurance and we only ever take a couple out for shows, and just have wee practice amps at home. 

Still Allianz for this?
  • beerbeer Frets: 24
    When I get a quote from Allianz it lists floorboard, do they mean pedalboard?