Evidence Audio SIS patch cables

What's Hot
edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153

Hello all,

Planning or rebuilding my pedal board with either a Schmidt Array or Friedman board and want shiny new cables to go with it.

Whilst putting these cables together is allegedly straightforward, apparently there is also a learning curve and painful thumbs to go through.

So does anyone know of a service where I can buy or provide the parts and someone can put them together for me?

I would obviously specify lengths etc and guess it is anywhere from 2 to 3 hours work.

Just looking for someone who can do the job properly and charge a fair amount

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    @CustomPedalBoards ; will do either.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• @edbolivar ; save yourself the money and do it yourself its very easy.
    i can do it for you no problem, but it will cost money, up to you.
    instructionals on you tube.
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @gassage.

@custompedalboards, just pm'd you.

I am sure I could do it, it is more the time factor, I would happily pay someone to do a proper job rather than my ham fisted attempts.

Plus I have 2 kids under 5, and a wife that claims they will melt if not given my full attention whilst at home.

• edbolivar said:

Thanks @gassage.

I am sure I could do it, it is more the time factor, I would happily pay someone to do a proper job rather than my ham fisted attempts.

Plus I have 2 kids under 5, and a wife that claims they will melt if not given my full attention whilst at home.

hahahahaaa aye i have a pair o little uns as well. ok hold on
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    If I was paying someone to do it I'd want soldered cables.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • edbolivar said:

Thanks @gassage.

I make the cables (lava in this instance) and my 5 year old wires them in.

Even the 3 year manages the power. Get them involved and save money

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I did mine, first solderless and then soldered and I would recommend you pay someone to do it. The afternoon required actually took 6 months. I have two kids too. 
  • slateslate Frets: 89
    edited December 2017
    I just re-did my new temple board with evidence / sis. 
    Honestly, its REALLY easy stuff to use .
    I have 8 pedals and an 8 loop switcher and it took maybe 3 hours and most of that was measuring cable lengths and stripping the cable ends ... just take your time and give it a go.
    I had the same setup for years on a pedaltrain with soldered monster cable / neutrik jacks and there is absolutely no discernable difference in sound quality between soldered and solderless either imho. Its just that with the SIS it was a shitload easier - and neater - to wire up.
     :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    slate said:
    I just re-did my new temple board with evidence / sis. 
    Honestly, its REALLY easy stuff to use .
    I have 8 pedals and an 8 loop switcher and it took maybe 3 hours and most of that was measuring cable lengths and stripping the cable ends ... just take your time and give it a go.
    I had the same setup for years on a pedaltrain with soldered monster cable / neutrik jacks and there is absolutely no discernable difference in sound quality between soldered and solderless either imho. Its just that with the SIS it was a shitload easier - and neater - to wire up.
     :-)
    +1 to this. I created 23 patch cables in one afternoon. It's really not that hard, particularly if you get yourself one of these.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ZenOvertoneZenOvertone Frets: 233
    edited December 2017
    EA SiS is the best for pedalboards, the small form factor is perfect for switching units.  I went from soldered Switchcraft 380 stubby plugs to Hicon pancake jacks to save more space.  Bought from Custom pedalboards, the cheapest for the 10 plug/cable kits (ordered with other stuff...)

I have used George L in the past with zero issues but had problems with some Lava cable stuff I briefly tried (although the PIston stuff seems ok)
  • edbolivaredbolivar Frets: 153
    edited September 2018
    Thought I would update this as I did use Chris at Custom Pedal Boards (about 5 months ago) and very happy I was too.
    He even made me a custom switcher and set it all up, just what I was looking for.

Here are some pics

[img]https://i.imgur.com/jUa2NEM.jpg[/img]

https://i.imgur.com/jUa2NEM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/v6aQ5RA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/wUN1C7B.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JJxb6So.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jUa2NEM.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom