Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's your favourite British producer?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Glyn Johns
    Ethan Johns
    Andy Johns
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @miserneil  basically a load of johns :-)
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    @miserneil  basically a load of johns :-)
    Yup, a Father, Son and Brother/Uncle that have produced some of the most timeless, classic albums of all time.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    Youth (Martin Glover)

He did Crowded House's 'Together Alone', which in my opinion is the best-sounding album ever recorded.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    John Leckie
    Glyn Johns
    George Martin
    Hugh Jones

That bloke that did Pixies and Bunnymen

Gil Norton? I'm not sure how much Bunnymen stuff he did though. They had loads of different people mucking in on their first four (i.e. good) albums
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited December 2017
    dogload said:
    [Echo & The Bunnymen] had loads of different people mucking in on their first four (i.e. good) albums
    @dogload -- The Bunnymen were one of my favourite bands but I stopped listening to them after they just started dialling it in.  Which is why I didn't even bother playing their eleventh(!) album The Fountain after I got it back in 2009 (so Wiki says cos I don't remember).
    Earlier this year I spotted it sitting there and thought I'd give it a listen on a long drive to Manchester.
    It's a gem. 
    So I tried the other later albums and they're as duff as f*ck but that one has got something of the old magic about it.  You might have heard it and think it's no good but just in case you've not, it's worth a listen.
    Grunfeld said:
    dogload said:
    [Echo & The Bunnymen] had loads of different people mucking in on their first four (i.e. good) albums
    @dogload -- The Bunnymen were one of my favourite bands but I stopped listening to them after they just started dialling it in.  Which is why I didn't even bother playing their eleventh(!) album The Fountain after I got it back in 2009 (so Wiki says cos I don't remember).
    Earlier this year I spotted it sitting there and thought I'd give it a listen on a long drive to Manchester.
    It's a gem. 
    So I tried the other later albums and they're as duff as f*ck but that one has got something of the old magic about it.  You might have heard it and think it's no good but just in case you've not, it's worth a listen.
    Cheers - I'll check it out.

I remember looking forward to Evergreen when it came out in 1997 but so disappointed... they still can knock it out live doing all the hits mind.

I actually liked the one they did after Mac left (Reverberation). Will Sergeant getting to indulge some of his psychedelicisms!
  • Good to see a bit of love for Leckie. We actually did an interview with him too if anyone is interested... https://reverb.com/uk/news/john-leckie-on-recording-with-the-stone-roses-and-radiohead
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
    Good to see a bit of love for Leckie. We actually did an interview with him too if anyone is interested... https://reverb.com/uk/news/john-leckie-on-recording-with-the-stone-roses-and-radiohead
    Cool. I remember hearing a really good interview with him talking about recording The Dukes Of Stratosphere which was jolly interesting too.
  • Old school rock, Derek Lawrence.
    also Glyn Johns, how anyone can take four guys from states as far apart as Texas, Michigan Nebraska and Arizona, get them together in a London studio and create perfect California country Rock deserves a medal.. The Eagles debut album. 
    For new Teddy Thompson. The epitome of what a producer should be. 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    William Orbit.  Pushed the boundaries back when others were just doing the same old stuff.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Chris Tsangarides was very good for rock and got excellent guitar sounds/recordings (Gary Moore etc).

Sadly, he passed away last weekend :(