5w or less platform for a Helix? Also headphones?

what are people’s opinions? 

Im about to get myself a Line 6 helix, and would like something to use mainly just at home, so it would need to sound nice at lower volumes... I’d like something valve I guess? But knowing the helix, maybe it’s not necessary?

im also looking to get some headphones for when the kids/wife are asleep to practice with the helix, anyone got some opinions there? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    I use a Bose Soundlink in the house, sounds great and has actually helped me tweak the EQ for PA FOH stuff).
  • vaticancameosvaticancameos Frets: 186
    edited December 2017
    welshboyo said:
    I use a Bose Soundlink in the house, sounds great and has actually helped me tweak the EQ for PA FOH stuff).
    A Bose soundlink?! Blimey never thought of that. Does it actually sound good? 

I have a decent 2.0 hifi, maybe I should try into that
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I thought the idea of the Helix was to replace valve amps.
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    welshboyo said:
    A Bose soundlink?! Blimey never thought of that. Does it actually sound good? 

I have a decent 2.0 hifi, maybe I should try into that
    It does actually - really good...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28146
    edited December 2017
    I can recommend Shure SRH1540s with the Helix. And with everything else too.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I assume anything like a thr10 with a ‘flat’ input would be great. I’d be keen to see if something like that would work going into a modern sound system like a Bose, Sonos etc. I’ve got a Yamaha Musiccast and would bloody love it if I could have something that could both be a guitar amp and multi room speaker ... hint hint Yamaha. 
  • The H&K Tubemeister are quite good, some people say they sound too flat and hi-fi, but that's just what you want here. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    As has been mentioned above, i use my AX8 into the "flat" setting on my THR10 for quiet home practice and find it works really well.
    To be honest, I mostly just go straight into the THR10 but will plug in the AX8 when I'm initially setting up patches. 
    Much prefer the THR to headphones for guitar practice, even at whisper quiet volume.