Ooops... I don't think it'll work like that...

What's Hot
GadgetGadget Frets: 895
I lost 9-pin output on my Cornford Carrera last week.

I carried-on with the 8-pin and only tonight got around to taking a look.

Below is what I found.

Oh well, it was only a Mullard... :(

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1630

Good illustration of why you should always us a rag or glove when pulling valves. You do not want a cut and that white shit in it.

Those pins have been naused by a bodger to boot.

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    ecc83 said:

Good illustration of why you should always us a rag or glove when pulling valves. You do not want a cut and that white shit in it.

Those pins have been naused by a bodger to boot.

Dave.

Yeah, I did get a bit of a surprise. Fortunately, I had the combo round towards me and wasn't fishing blind.

The pins got a bit bent on removal, as I had to gently prise the valve from underneath with a small flat-bladed screwdriver, as I had nothing to hold on to.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72263
    The curved pins are caused by it being 'worked' in and out of sockets on multiple occasions... common on old valves that have been around the block a bit! The lack of protection in the back of a lot of combos so they often get pushed sideways doesn't hep either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    ICBM said:
    The curved pins are caused by it being 'worked' in and out of sockets on multiple occasions... common on old valves that have been around the block a bit! The lack of protection in the back of a lot of combos so they often get pushed sideways doesn't hep either.
    Yeah Daddio !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72263
    Jalapeno said:
    ICBM said:
    Yeah Daddio !
    lol

Why does auto-correct only work when it makes things worse?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    ICBM said:
    I didn't get it NOS, so yeah, it could have been in and out of a few amps.

I think it most likely I weakened it at some point, just as you say, blindly trying to plug-in an extension speaker cable and knocking the unprotected valve.
  • ICBM said:
    Jalapeno said:
    ICBM said:
    Yeah Daddio !
    lol

Why does auto-correct only work when it makes things worse?

It makes things better as well, you just don't notice it then!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom