NAD: Hiwatt Custom 50 DG Sig

KylefKylef Frets: 1042
Just got this delivered after finding it for a pretty decent price. I already own a Custom 100 Vertical Combo that's my pride and joy, but I've just started a new originals band so wanted something that was grab and go (so to speak, this is over 35kg) and it came with a flight case so even better.

It's every bit as good as my Custom 100, the bass response off these Hiwatts is something else. It'll be a couple of months before I can put it through its paces live when it'll really shine, so that can't come quick enough.

Quick pic:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice amp sir.

Do you know what makes it different to a SA212?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    Nice amp sir.

Do you know what makes it different to a SA212?

Cheers. Yeah, rather than have 2 'Bright' inputs and 2 'Normal' outputs, it has one of each plus a 'Linked' input which links the bright and normal channels so that they can be blended. Similar to linking the channels with a patch cable.
  • Oh right... Is that it?

Beautiful amps, I have a sa212 myself. Best amp I've ever had
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Oh right... Is that it?

Beautiful amps, I have a sa212 myself. Best amp I've ever had
    Yeah, tbh I actually didn't buy it for that. I was after a Custom 50 and this was a good deal and the linked input could come in handy.
  • I haven't taken the patch cable out of mine since I've had it so I totally agree
  • garfygarfy Frets: 144
    Nice amp Kyle, I had one a few years back. Sold it to make way for a Dr Z and missed it straight away. As a pedal platform, they take some beating. My Hi-Tone is a very similar model. I had contemplated selling it to make room for a totally different style of amp but I know I’ll miss it straight away so it’s a keeper. Glad you’ve got a flightcase.....grab & go  =)
    garfy said:
    Nice amp Kyle, I had one a few years back. Sold it to make way for a Dr Z and missed it straight away. As a pedal platform, they take some beating. My Hi-Tone is a very similar model. I had contemplated selling it to make room for a totally different style of amp but I know I’ll miss it straight away so it’s a keeper. Glad you’ve got a flightcase.....grab & go  =)
    Good man. Like yourself, I rely on pedals for my overdrive so the Hiwatt is just perfect. A Cornish SS-2 into a Hiwatt is just 'it' for me.