Help me choose a new amp

What's Hot
danbandanban Frets: 343
edited December 2017 in Amps
Happy Christmas everyone from New Zealand.

Before I left the UK I had a Ac30 c2 with creambacks which was great.

However that was sold and I bought a hand wired ac30 with blues which I haven't bonded with.

I'm now contemplating selling it and getting something else.

I'm toying with buying a 68 custom deluxe reverb reissue.

I'm after something with lovely clean tones and also some good overdrive pedal suggestions would be great.

Anyone had experience of these and any other suggestions as choice is limited here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    An AC30C2 with Creambacks

:)

A Fender Deluxe is a *very* different-sounding amp, and they’re not as universally pedal-friendly as you might think. Make sure you try one first.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• danbandanban Frets: 343
    A vox with creambacks here are like rocking horse poop.
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    Why not change speakers in your current AC30 for creambacks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71952
    monkey42 said:
    Why not change speakers in your current AC30 for creambacks
    That's a good idea. If it works you can sell the Blues and make a profit. If it doesn't, you can put them back in, sell the amp, buy a C2 with the standard speakers and fit the Creambacks.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have an AC30CC1, the single speaker one and I changed the stock speaker for a gold. I hated it and have a creamback in there now. It sounds amazing. You can sell the blue speakers for more than you can buy some 2nd hand creambacks for.
  • TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    edited December 2017
    ICBM said:
    An AC30C2 with Creambacks

A Fender Deluxe is a *very* different-sounding amp, and they’re not as universally pedal-friendly as you might think. Make sure you try one first.
    +1

The deluxe can be a right sumbitch with pedals, especially on the vibrato channel and can sound thin as a catwalk model before it gets to 4 on the volume , another ac30c2 with creambacks is surely the right choice for you.

If you opted for the 65 drri, much better than the 68,  and can wind it up to 5 and over on the volume then go for it as it will amaze you, if not the vox is your best choice and much better than a wife bawling in your ear.
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    All sorted. Managed to try a 65, 68 reverb deluxe, blues junior and a supersonic 22 plus other manufacturers and came home with a supersonic 22.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom