DSL 401 Footswitch

What's Hot
BillyK57BillyK57 Frets: 11
Hi Guys. I have a Marshall DSL 401, bought around 2008. IMO a great amp but I have problems with the footswtch. This is the PEDL-10013, a double switch with LEDs, switching between clean / overdrive and OD1 / OD2. The issues aren’t consistent. Sometimes it doesn’t work at all, mostly however, it won’t switch between OD1 / OD2.
I’ve looked for a replacement but these are now discontinued. Has anyone any idea which current footswitch model works on the DSL 401. Failing that, does anyone know the best way of fault finding these ? Would appreciate any advice. Thx.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72293
    It’s the cable - it’s shit. I’ve repaired dozens of these.

What to do is cut the cable at the clamp on the pedal, fit a TRS (stereo) socket to it, and get any decent stereo cable to connect it to the amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thx a lot. I’ll do exactly that and will let you know how I get on.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    As @ICBM said the cable is not great. I sent the first one I had back and Marshall sent a replacement, I also bought a spare. I am surprised they are discontinued, perhaps the new DSL uses a different switch. You can replace the cable though.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thx both for your input. I’ve just paid a visit to Maplins - we’ll see how it goes.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    Just re-read @ICBM 's solution, couldn't remember it being a stereo jack so went to check and it sure is. I think that will be a mod/repair I will be doing at some point. However I tend to use the clean channel and pedals these days as the boost gives you plenty more gain (distortion) but no more volume.
    Don't touch that dial.