Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Recommend me a new game

What's Hot

I've just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and need a new game.  I really enjoyed this game and want something similar, it had a nice mix of action, adventure, great graphics and problem solving.

There are a few Assasins Creed on the Xbox sale, so was looking at those, although I'm not sure they will fit the bill.

I don't want total fantasy or space, one foot in the real world would be good.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fallout 4 if you haven't already got it. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I would suggest Uncharted 4 but you would need a PS4 for that! :)

"When the train, it left the station, there was two lights on behind,
    Well, the blue light was my baby, and the red light was my mind.”
    Robert Johnson
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    You need to get out more. Go rediscover Knock Down Ginger. It'll get you fit as well. ;)  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    World of Tanks, then you get to experience the most toxic playerbase in known universe and the most vulpine, cynical and rapacious game maker ever created. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fallout 4 if you haven't already got it. 
    I had a demo, but probably worth getting the game as it’s on sale at the moment.   Will have a look.

fandango said:
    You need to get out more. Go rediscover Knock Down Ginger. It'll get you fit as well. ;)  
    I need to get out less. Been playing this game since Christmas 2015! Actually aside from the odd quick game of Fifa or Forza, Christmas is the only time I really use the thing....
  • Fallout 4 is the best game to come out in years in my opinion, it's truly brillaint , 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Fallout 4 if you haven't already got it. 
    I had a demo, but probably worth getting the game as it’s on sale at the moment.   Will have a look.

fandango said:
    I need to get out less. Been playing this game since Christmas 2015! Actually aside from the odd quick game of Fifa or Forza, Christmas is the only time I really use the thing....
    Seriously, I know how you feel. I might add the best game I ever played was a driving game (which needed a gaming wheel) called Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed. That game is now approx 17 years old now, but in sheer reward it trumped all others. I don't have a clue now, hence my cheeky suggestion. Apologies for derailing your quest.
  • I would suggest Uncharted 4 but you would need a PS4 for that! :)

Actually this would be perfect!  Nevermind  :s
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I have been ... "playing" ... CodeAcademy.com, HackThisSite.org and ImmersiveLabs (combined forensics, security and malware reverse engineering learning/labs).

Been lots of fun! But I really wouldn't want to leave me near your home PC unguarded now ;-)
  • fandango said:
    Fallout 4 if you haven't already got it. 

fandango said:
    Seriously, I know how you feel. I might add the best game I ever played was a driving game (which needed a gaming wheel) called Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed. That game is now approx 17 years old now, but in sheer reward it trumped all others. I don't have a clue now, hence my cheeky suggestion. Apologies for derailing your quest.
    Then lat me recommend to you Forza Horizon 2. (Not Forza 5/6 or horizon 3)
    Fantastic game. Can be bought for a fraction of the original price too. Best driving game on Xbox one/ X (or even 360 I think).
  • Also: +1 on Fallout4.

I'm not a massive gamer but Forza Horizon 2, Skyrim or Fallout 4 got me pinned to the screen for hours.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27990
    If you've got a PS4 then Horizon Zero Dawn is mechanically similar to the reboot Tomb Raider games. Excellent plot too.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Assassin's Creed origins should fit the bill
  • underdog said:
    Assassin's Creed origins should fit the bill
    +1 Assassin’s Creed back on track methinks 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    I could never get into the Fallout games..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Horizon zero dawn is okay, I didn't like the new tomb raider game. Bloody QuickTime events - eurgh.

Fallout games are ace. If you want to try one cheap, fallout 3 and new Vegas are as good as they ever were, and probably some of the best games I've played. 

I know you said no fantasy, but you'd be missing out on the dark souls/bloodborne games. They're absolutely excellent. 
  • Another vote for Fallout 4.  But it was a bit disappointing how they removed many of the role-playing elements from the previous two (Fallout 3 and New Vegas) and essentially left you to resolve every situation with a firefight.  (The combat was improved, though.)  The whole settlement-building thing was a bit marmite, too.  But - the world they give you to explore is nothing short of incredible (which is why I spent 8 1/2 solid months and over 460 hours before putting it down).

Also look at Deus Ex: Human Revolution and its sequel, Mankind Divided, and Dishonored / Dishonored 2.  Similar types of games in that they let you choose how you approach each situation and don't force you into any particular style of gameplay.  Lots to explore, too.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    edited December 2017
    As a side note, is anyone looking forward to the release of Shenmue 3?

https://youtu.be/34Sc-v4QSg4

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotone said:
    As a side note, is anyone looking forward to the release of Shenmue 3?

https://youtu.be/34Sc-v4QSg4

? That looks awful. What is it - virtua fighter rpg?
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenmue_III

I couldn’t find a good video/trailer of the new game (No.3). But it’s a RPG. The first game came out on the Sega Dreamcast in 1999.