KATANA 50 Acoustic ?

erky32erky32 Frets: 49
Whilst I'm well aware of the virtues of the Katana 50 in its electric drive modes, I'm thinking of buying one , but that will depend on how it performs acoustically with a electro-acoustic guitar ? ....any experience based feedback ? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It's totally useable. I've not compared it to a dedicated acoustic amp side by side but I've used it enough to not bother getting one. 

Good all round response and sounds really nice provided you eq it properly. It helps if your guitar pre has decent eq too. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    It's totally useable. I've not compared it to a dedicated acoustic amp side by side but I've used it enough to not bother getting one. 

Good all round response and sounds really nice provided you eq it properly. It helps if your guitar pre has decent eq too. 
    Thanks for that - tell me, do you use the acoustic channel , or just the clean? Would either channel have enough volume for small venue gigs with acoustic, open-mic etc?
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    You'll be better off putting your acoustic through the PA.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31523
    I have the 100, it's ok if you have a flexible preamp.
    In fact it's probably ok full stop, but I have a really good portable PA so haven't really bothered to spend much time with it. 
  • erky32 said:
    It's totally useable. I've not compared it to a dedicated acoustic amp side by side but I've used it enough to not bother getting one. 

Thanks for that - tell me, do you use the acoustic channel , or just the clean? Would either channel have enough volume for small venue gigs with acoustic, open-mic etc?
    Acoustic channel, and yes plenty of volume provided you can get far enough away from the amp to avoid the feedback from the bottom end. Agree about the pa though. If you have a good preamp (which I do). 

• messing around with the acoustic at home i put it through the katana acoustic setting then the clean setting. Personally i prefer the clean setting as the acoustic setting sounds a bit thin and dry--which might be what its meant to be. but either would be acceptable. but when i gig with an acoustic it always just goes through the PA
  • messing around with the acoustic at home i put it through the katana acoustic setting then the clean setting. Personally i prefer the clean setting as the acoustic setting sounds a bit thin and dry--which might be what its meant to be. but either would be acceptable. but when i gig with an acoustic it always just goes through the PA
    I tend to use a bit of reverb to thicken it on the acoustic channel. Does that job fine.

• I had the 100, I thought the acoustic was passable, at best.  Any small powered monitor / PA speaker / acoustic amp would be better.  

Plectrum said:
    You'll be better off putting your acoustic through the PA.
    +1