Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The compliments thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4775
    edited December 2017
    There's been a lot of sniping, arguing and general not-niceness on here over the last week or so (or so I think) so I thought it would be nice to have a thread where people compliment others and generally are nice to each other for a change. 

My compliments go to @St_Hubbins , @JerkMoans , and @Boromedic for some really great smooth classifieds transactions recently. 
    Cheers mate, straight back at you @Bridgehouse, such an easy and straightforward transaction with hand delivery as a lovely personal touch. You are a gent and scholar mate, huge thanks from me especially given the distance between us!! 

Regarding the forum in general, I think in the main most folk are sound and on a personal note, despite disagreements and differing opinions on topics, generally I've found most conversations have been well mannered and friendly, plus I've learnt stuff in the process. I have seen the odd thread with some distasteful arguments but not too many lately, although I've not spent much time off topic recently. Heres hoping for less dramas next year or bans handed out for unsavoury behaviour! Peace on earth and all that

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just got an email notification of this - that's very nice of you @Flink_Poyd !

Compliments to all of you! 
    Seriously.. you raised enough cash to allow a dying woman and her soon-to-be husband and children go on their last trip to Disney Paris together. Now THAT is something.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Just got an email notification of this - that's very nice of you @Flink_Poyd !

Compliments to all of you! 
    Seriously.. you raised enough cash to allow a dying woman and her soon-to-be husband and children go on their last trip to Disney Paris together. Now THAT is something.
    And I think a lot of us got a lesson in how fragile life is and not to take it for granted. I'll be raising a glass in memory of Sheena on New Years Eve but it won't be a sombre one at all. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • To mods - for putting up with the recent shit in polite and patient way.
    To @ICBM ; - for general knowledge and class.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a very nice thing for you to do, thank you. I don't want to smother the forum in chat about Sheena so just taking it easy myself, counseling starting in January. But I'm still around and have a browse. 
    Thanks again :)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Thanks for what you guys said.

@speshul91 I hope what I did made a small difference to your family's Festive season..
    I knew my Christmas was going to end up a train wreck so I thought I'd make sure to try and make someone else's Christmas a bit happier if I could. It was as Therapeutic to put it all together as it was my pleasure to do.

I've had a few challenges over the last month or few and some of the closest friends I've ever known, who I met through this place initially, have given me more in terms of strength and determination than I knew existed.

My bandmates are frankly responsible for me still being alive at this point.
    I won't say who they are because they enjoy their Infamy but they'll read this at some point and know, so thanks guys. Without you I'd still be facing all this but I wouldn't have you gorgeous bastards to make me look good doing it.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I'm game..

Thankful to the forum in general. It's inspiring and insightful, and full of great people who share similar passions and from all different backgrounds to make it interesting. 
    Suppose @Legionreturns should get a mention as I am looking forward to Northjam, and as he's responsible for a little delay pedal on my board.. ;) 

Cheers all! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There's been a lot of sniping, arguing and general not-niceness on here over the last week or so (or so I think) so I thought it would be nice to have a thread where people compliment others and generally are nice to each other for a change. 

My compliments go to @St_Hubbins , @JerkMoans , and @Boromedic for some really great smooth classifieds transactions recently. 
    Thanks mate. Likewise, you are a pleasure to deal with. Happy new year guys!
  • I’d like to thank @Bridgehouse for all the tagging opportunities in 2017, @ICBM for the speaker advice (and CS-2) - and  @thomasross20 for sharing his story with us so honestly. You are a legend mate....
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited December 2017
    I would like to thank everyone who has given me a Lol, Wow or WIs and taken the time to reply to anything I have posted, good or bad. I love posting on here, even if it is regarded as "shiteposting". I want to thank the guys who have bought gear from me via the classifieds, every transaction has been easy, simple and pleasant with no issues whatsoever.

Thanks to the admin team and site owners for providing this conversation space and a fee free classified section, which saves us all a shedload of Ebay commission. 

Thanks to @TTony for threatening to take away my frets if I carried on being silly. You didn't and I have...

I would also like to thank my family, my manager, my personal assistant, orthodontist, stylist, hairdresser, manicurist, therapist, AA sponsor, and last of all God without whom there would be no @RandallFlagg posts on The Fretboard.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would like to thank everyone who has given me a Lol, Wow or WIs and taken the time to reply to anything I have posted, good or bad. I love posting on here, even if it is regarded as "shiteposting". I want to thank the guys who have bought gear from me via the classifieds, every transaction has been easy, simple and pleasant with no issues whatsoever.

Thanks to the admin team and site owners for providing this conversation space and a fee free classified section, which saves us all a shedload of Ebay commission. 

Thanks to @TTony for threatening to take away my frets if I carried on being silly. You didn't and I have...

I would also like to thank my family, my manager, my personal assistant, orthodontist, stylist, hairdresser, manicurist, therapist, AA sponsor, and last of all God without whom there would be no @RandallFlagg posts on The Fretboard.
    Drivel
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    I would like to thank everyone who has given me a Lol, Wow or WIs and taken the time to reply to anything I have posted, good or bad. I love posting on here, even if it is regarded as "shiteposting". I want to thank the guys who have bought gear from me via the classifieds, every transaction has been easy, simple and pleasant with no issues whatsoever.

Pass me a bucket.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    RandallFlagg said:
    Eric Clapton was your father????? B)
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Frets: 198
    edited December 2017
    I would like to thank @TTony for helping me on various I,T issues and helping me sell my guitar.Just 
    checked and his not on this years New Years honours list ,?
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I’d like to thank you all for your advice and help when asked for it, and also the Flat Earth Society for the drivel they speak and the laughs it gives. Almost as bad as an @RandallFlagg post...
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    There are a lot of members here very deserving of compliments but rather than write a long list I'll just give a special mention to @TTony who can be likened to a marshall trying to clean up a wild west town without actually shooting anyone (though it must be tempting at times). Luckily he has the jail keys and the authority to run the worst of the wild bunch out of town. Tarring and feathering reserved for the loons who, having been expelled, keep coming back disguised as someone else to try his considerable patience. So a big thank you for sticking with it and of course to all modmins for maintaining this great community.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited December 2017

Pass me a bucket.
    A collection bucket? there's no need, honestly. Your kind words enrich me beyond any material wealth.

• Jimbro66 said:
    RandallFlagg said:
    Eric Clapton was your father????? B)
    There's no telling, I was born in '67 and my Mum was deffo swinging in the 60s.

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6898
    I’m just pleased this forum exists so thanks to all those that make it a great place to browse and post. I’m always browsing on my phone as I hardly watch TV.

This place is both entertaining and informative - a bit like an Attenborough documentary. Similarly there are some bizarre creatures that pass through here as well.

Keep up up the good work everyone and obviously thanks to @TTony and the rest of the team.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I was worried this thread was going to descend into silliness - but it hasn't. And I'm pleased, as we have a lot to be thankful for, and we are lucky to have a community like this to support our interest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom