jimmy herring

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Well, that’s bloody brilliant. Is he he using a volume pedal or swells from his guitar? Not it that matters, just interested. Similar techniques to Jeff Beck going on. And I mean that as the utmost compliment. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • He has a pedal but I think it's a wah. On other videos he definitely swells with the vol pot.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Very nice ! ^^^^^^^ after that just put the guitar back on the stand don’t know when I will pick it up again  :#
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12362
    Amazing player. He’s just finished touring with John McLaughlin in the States. Ages ago I bought a load of cd’s from somebody on the old MR forum and they threw in a few freebies including “Colonel Bruce Hampton and the Aquarium Rescue Unit”. I thought WTF at the time but listened and thought the guitar work was pretty good. Only realised it was Jimmy Herring a long time after. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    edited January 2018
    He has his Strats wired with 2 volumes, one for each pickup  and uses a volume pedal for overall level

https://youtu.be/xdkt55XGEw0

He does have this lovely fluid almost Beck-like vibe and is ridiculously down to earth and humble when interviewed

• He's also heavily influenced by Derek Trucks, even more so these days than Jeff Beck.  His playing is really amazing.  That Strat has a flat neck and bass frets.  

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom