Trio plus

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960

Y'all still lovin' this unit?

Is it still  useful for practice and stuff to you?

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes

Yes

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    Is it restricted around the home with your band rig pedal board and amp or is it just fine with that set up too?
    tae be or not tae be
  • Absolutely superb, and Ive loved owning mine... great for songwriting.

I've actually owned 2 of them, with one being 'lent' to a fellow band member.

You've reminded me to get it back, and list it on the forum. Im also about to try the Sdrum...
  • @hootsmon ;

That would be yes and yes.

"When the train, it left the station, there was two lights on behind,
    Well, the blue light was my baby, and the red light was my mind.”
    Robert Johnson
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1238
    I used mine for the first time yesterday, and ended up losing an hour to trying it out.

I'm needing to watch some videos to see how best to play to learn chords though, as the generated drum beats seemed very hit or miss.

thanks guys  :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    edited January 2018
    Just for balance... 

I got bored of mine after a couple weeks and went back to using a ditto looper. I wasn't trying to write songs using it though. I just like having something to play along to and the immediacy of the ditto appeals more 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Tried my mate's one for about 10 minutes. I reckon you need a lot longer to explore its full potential. Think it could be useful.
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Yep. Really useful, especially as a writing tool or inspiration.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Chris_J said:
    Just for balance... 

I got bored of mine after a couple weeks and went back to using a ditto looper. I wasn't trying to write songs using it though. I just like having something to play along to and the immediacy of the ditto appeals more 
    I tried it for a year and realised its limitations. It gets very 'samey' if you like the immediacy of a looper.  The killer for me was the inability to play your chords rhythmically when teaching it the chords you want.  You'd have an idea in the moment, then have to put that on hold while you convert your rhythmic chords and fragments into their equivalent full chord in straight 4/4 time, teach it, find a rhythm pattern on the dial that approximated to your now-fading idea, tweak that around until finally you realise that yes you've got something down but it wasn't the now-faded idea and the rhythm you now have is ok but annoyingly not the idea that you had and irritatingly clashes slightly with what your fingers remember from your original idea.

If you are the sort of person who says "its close enough" then you might like it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes & yes here too - though i've only had it since christmas!

Looks like it's going to be a great practice tool - it's certainly a lot of fun. I'm a relative beginner though so it depends on what you are looking for. I'm simply playing a chord progression into it (I haven't tried multiple-parts of a song with it yet), playing with the genres and styles then recording a loop of the chords then jamming over the top. You could do that with a looper of course but the drums and bass add so much more to it.

If you haven't already, try watching the andertons video with pete honore and mick taylor - it's a good indication of what it does.
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I love mine,
  • had mine for about a week and got bored with it so returned it. easier for me to use a looper or play to  backing tracks but i can see how they could be useful for songwriting
    Yes & yes here too - though i've only had it since christmas!

Looks like it's going to be a great practice tool - it's certainly a lot of fun. I'm a relative beginner though so it depends on what you are looking for. I'm simply playing a chord progression into it (I haven't tried multiple-parts of a song with it yet), playing with the genres and styles then recording a loop of the chords then jamming over the top. You could do that with a looper of course but the drums and bass add so much more to it.

If you haven't already, try watching the andertons video with pete honore and mick taylor - it's a good indication of what it does.

How does it fit into a set up at home with amp and floor pedals? (ODs)

Cab I play clean and have the trio  come through the amp and kick on ODs for solos?

tae be or not tae be
  • It depends on whether your amp has an fx loop. If it does, just put the trio last in that. 

Alternatively, the trio has its own fx loop so you can put all your pedals into that. 

• I've got my trio+ going in to the front of the amp (with a tuner in front of it) and a drive pedal for boost in the trio fx loop. Otherwise an OD pedal will change the tone of the band too. Reverb in the amp loop.

I'm going to get a clean boost pedal to put in the trio loop i think.

Some people put the output from the trio+ into a separate cab, I'd like to try that sometime.
  • It depends on whether your amp has an fx loop. If it does, just put the trio last in that. 

Alternatively, the trio has its own fx loop so you can put all your pedals into that. 
    Interesting, i hadnt even thought of putting the trio in the amp loop. Going to try that too!

Interesting, i hadnt even thought of putting the trio in the amp loop. Going to try that too!
    I have different setups depending on what I'm doing. I always have the drums and bass coming out separate to the guitar though. If I'm at home it goes to my audio interface and then to my studio monitors, if elsewhere it goes to the PA. Works very well.

I've got my trio+ going in to the front of the amp (with a tuner in front of it) and a drive pedal for boost in the trio fx loop. Otherwise an OD pedal will change the tone of the band too. Reverb in the amp loop.

Some people put the output from the trio+ into a separate cab, I'd like to try that sometime.

So you sayin' I could put my 6 pedal board ( ODs verb and delay) into the TRIO PLUS FX  loop and kick in the ODs for solos and not have any impact on the drums and bass and my clean rhythm part?
    tae be or not tae be
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    hootsmon said:
    I've got my trio+ going in to the front of the amp (with a tuner in front of it) and a drive pedal for boost in the trio fx loop. Otherwise an OD pedal will change the tone of the band too. Reverb in the amp loop.

So you sayin' I could put my 6 pedal board ( ODs verb and delay) into the TRIO PLUS FX  loop and kick in the ODs for solos and not have any impact on the drums and bass and my clean rhythm part?
    Yep, that’s what the manual says. You can even send the bass and drums to another amp/mixer.