Ideas? - Bad stone replacement

I've had an EHX bad stone on my board for two/three years now. I love the sound of the pedal - just not the huge pop every time I engage/disengage it.....

Any ideas (I play ska/reggae clean through a Roland Jazz Chorus or a Fender Blues Deluxe - chief guitar is a tele) 

Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    I believe there is resistors that can be fitted which could overcome this. 
    Pull down resistors I think theyre called. 

Some people will say its static buildup, and that stomping the pedal on/off a few times will sort it. I had a marshall pedal that popped, and that advice never worked, just served to put more wear on the switch.  
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • A 100K Ohm resistor soldered between the. Pcb output and earth should sort out the popping.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited December 2017
    Would running it through a loop pedal, e.g. one of those small Bright Onion ones -- and turning the EHX on/off via the loop, solve the problem?
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Can a bad stone become a good stone? Sounds possible! ;)
  • Dod 201 has been pop free for me.
  • A 100K Ohm resistor soldered between the. Pcb output and earth should sort out the popping.
    Yep, confirmed.  There are some pics online of the same mod performed on a Neo Clone (I think), and I followed essentially the same procedure with my Bad Stone.  It can still get a bit picky with buffers either side of it, but a big improvement nonetheless.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!