SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded: Fender Johnny Marr Jaguar

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3964
edited January 2018 in Guitars £
http://i.imgur.com/kBhFW0O.jpg

Bought new in August, it has some very light marks in the forearm area, possibly from a shirt button but otherwise mint and comes with everything it came with. Can add/send more pictures later.

I am interested in trading down to free up a bit of cash. I would be interested in Classic Series, Baja and reissue/vintage spec Telecasters. Happy to consider Mexican, Japanese or US made.

Would also be interested in a Blues Junior (the Tweed one in particular) or a AC10 or AC15.

£1,350 sale price but happy to discuss offers.

Please PM me with any questions/offers.

Thanks,
Chris
5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Why do people LOL classifieds? Should I put my bottom line price in the ad? Seriously...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    ^ Totally with you on that Chris.  It's dull and usually ridiculous.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreeze said:
    Thanks. In all honesty I don't know how to price this because the price has gone up a few times. Most places are selling these for £1,986 now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris, ignore the LOLs...

Stick with the conviction of your pricing; the 'market' and responses will decide if its too dear or not.

I had a HUGE budget for a 50th birthday guitar this year, and ended up with one of these above all else.

A very creative, and somehow melodic guitar - GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Hey, not sure if it interests you but I've got a 96 AVRI 52 Tele and a 93 Blacktopped Les Paul Studio for possible trade?
  • AvalonAndyAvalonAndy Frets: 326
    edited February 2019
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3964
    thebreeze said:
    Thanks. In all honesty I don't know how to price this because the price has gone up a few times. Most places are selling these for £1,986 now.
    £1,765 on PMT online (edit) and £1,685 on Thomann.
    There are a few still selling at the previous price, around £1,765 which is what I paid. I don't know why it's had so many price hikes but it has and the new price seems to be £1,986.

I know people have Google, but as I said in the original post, I wasn't really sure how to price it and I am open to discussing with anyone who is actually interested.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    Why do people LOL classifieds?
    Whatever figure you set, somebody on an Internet forum will claim to know somebody else who bought exactly same thing for approximately twenty per cent less than your asking price.

Should I put my bottom line price in the ad?
    Only if you want to transact on a straightforward "take it or leave it" basis.

Would consider a cheaper guitar in part exchange, maybe a nice Telecaster.
    Define nice Telecaster. American? Vintage accurate specs or with modern "improvements"? It might help if you narrow your requirements down a little. 

Some of the LOLs could be readers baulking at the oxymoron of a nice Telecaster. Personally, I like them nasty. Blackguard. Roy Buchanan.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    Why do people LOL classifieds?
    Whatever figure you set, somebody on an Internet forum will claim to know somebody else who bought exactly same thing for approximately twenty per cent less than your asking price.

Should I put my bottom line price in the ad?
    Only if you want to transact on a straightforward "take it or leave it" basis.

Would consider a cheaper guitar in part exchange, maybe a nice Telecaster.
    Define nice Telecaster. American? Vintage accurate specs or with modern "improvements"? It might help if you narrow your requirements down a little. 

Some of the LOLs could be readers baulking at the oxymoron of a nice Telecaster. Personally, I like them nasty. Blackguard. Roy Buchanan.

All fair points, thanks.
  • Why do people LOL classifieds? Should I put my bottom line price in the ad? Seriously...

There are some easily amused man-children on here who seem to insist on LOL'ing sales posts, mate, not even worth a picosecond of your time or the steam off your micturation. The Johnny Marr Jag is just perfect (I have one in black). Whoever buys this off you is a lucky sod. GLWTS.
  • Maybe people forget about price increases. When I bought mine it was £1350 new, but now they are a lot moe, so it theused price. GLWS, great guitar 
    Trade info updated as suggested!
    Bump...