Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Commonly Misused Phrases

What's Hot

Comments

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
    What a load of dribble drivel
    There. Fixed that for you.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    fandango said:
    What a load of dribble drivel
    Their. Fucked that four yew.
    FTFY 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well that turned out to be a damp squid.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11294
    All of this has got me chomping on the bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    It's somethink that winds me up too.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Just another clique bait article.
  • Who's the escape goat here?
    Let me know when you're back in communicado.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    Best one ever.............we used to have a family acquaintance who was under -educated and loud  but having achieved a modicum of success in life ,more by luck than judgement ,had gentrified himself with the most obnoxious pompous personality and was quite vocal with his own opinion..........he loved the sound of his own voice and his assumed Aristocratic bearing borne out by the Saville Row Turnbull and Asser suits and weekend tweeds or cords in very loud pseudo eccentric colours matched to oxblood brogues.
     He would contrive to attend any social function assuming his Lordly persona but empty vessels always make the most noise.He would volunteer himself as a speechmaker and bore people rigid .On one such occasion in quite esteemed social and intellectual company a very rare Port was served after a meal that included delicacies such as Oysters and Beluga Caviar at which point he took the opportunity to stand up and make an impromptu speech praising the fine food and wine and declaring that such indulgence " made him feel very Effluent " !!!!!!!!
     People couldn't stop laughing at the pompous phoney.None more than me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited January 2018
    Croydon has

'ummmm'

As soon as this girl opened her mouth, before she said she was from Croydon, I knew she was from Croydon. because of that ummmm she started out with.

more Croydon ummmms (they're in there/the ummms are seen in this video too)

• DominicDominic Frets: 16092
    " We have a few options for Yourself "
    Why the hell do people, especially tele-sales people use this incorrect pronoun ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dominic said:
    Why the hell do people, especially tele-sales people use this incorrect pronoun ?
    They are probably trained by the same morons that train "recruitment consultants"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Not on the country but, on the contrary (or au contraire even).
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11294
    Dominic said:
    1) They think they sound less uneducated.
    2) Having heard that the word "me" shouldn't be used in some circumstances they use "myself" as a substitute and, b y extension, have also replaced "you" with "yourself".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30906
    My biggest peeve is the incorrect use of 'myself' when it's me or I or you.

It is the worst type of common illiteracy.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• GassageGassage Frets: 30906
    scrumhalf said:
    Dominic said:
    1) They think they sound less uneducated.
    2) Having heard that the word "me" shouldn't be used in some circumstances they use "myself" as a substitute and, b y extension, have also replaced "you" with "yourself".
    I will literally put the phone down at this point.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• StavrosStavros Frets: 335
    Not a phrase but a word - starting every answer to a question with “So”.

Q: “How did you do that?”

A: “So, firstly I had my brain removed.”

Drives me nuts.
    I love my brick
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Fuengi said:
    I've got a client who's favorite phrase is "it's a Mute Point". 

After you let if go the third time you just have to go with it. He uses it four to five times per meeting.

One day someone will tell him! 
    The correct response would be to say "Does that mean you're going to shut up then?".
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    I once attended a webinar (I hate that word!) and the person on it was so nervous he kept on saying y'know, so the point I couldn't concentrate on the topic, so I bailed.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24301
    A colleague often refers to “taking a different tact”.  One letter out and it drives me mad!!!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Not neccesarily a phrase, but there is a section of society brought up on Neighbours (you know who you are) that employ a raised inflection at the end of a sentence thereby implying a question, but its not a question.