Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Nooooooooooo!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This was very funny in its day, but I think part of that was that it was so different to what else was available.  TV comedy has moved on and Im not sure that Roseanne Barr has moved very far.  Ill probably watch a few to see how they handle it but will judge it on whats produced now not on nostalgia.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Never liked it personally. I've never been big on American sitcoms, apart from the Big Bang Theory which I was VERY into for a long time. Still enjoy the odd episode. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Never liked it personally. I've never been big on American sitcoms, apart from the Big Bang Theory which I was VERY into for a long time. Still enjoy the odd episode. 
    It was much better when they were into all the geeky stuff, since marriage/girlfriends etc it became just another us sitcom. I have to admit that the current series picked up a little bit.
    Have you seen "Young Sheldon"?

thumpingrug said:
    Ill probably watch a few to see how they handle it but will judge it on whats produced now not on nostalgia.
    There will be 8 episodes only.

Also - it's almost like the producers in TV tan out of ideas. Remakes of "Full House", now "Roseanne"? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    I'll probably watch the first episode. Hopefully it won't just be Dan and Roseanne on rocking chairs on the porch.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I quite liked it back then; I'll probably check it out.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    I remember watching a few episodes the first time around ( well, first time to me anyway) and not really getting it. 

axisus said:
    I don't know if it's mentioned in the link in the OP but at least three of the cast of Roseanne are regulars on BBT ( Leonard, Leslie, Sheldon's mom) and the chap who created BBT was a writer on Roseanne. 
    There was definitely a peak period for BBT, not the very early ones or late ones so I feel it's had it's day for me. There are bits of the original pilot episode on YouTube which are interesting, Sheldon could have been quite different. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I had a crush on her tv sister
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    I had a crush on her tv sister
    Me too!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I used to like it.....it was the antithesis of the saccharine family schmaltzy saga...partners who argued, teenagers who fought and sulked, parents who were sarcastic to their kids, etc. Back then, that seemed new and challenging. Perhaps not so much now. 
  • paulnb57 said:
    I had a crush on her tv sister
    Me too!
    Sheldon's Mom  on Big Bang Theory..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?