Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do you have any superpowers ?

What's Hot

Comments

• NeillNeill Frets: 941
    edited January 2018
    When I was at school I had a mate who could do a perfect impression of Captain Flack's whistle in "Trumpton"

I would have traded X ray vision for that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I have the power of invisibility.
    I can make an entire audience disappear as soon as I play a guitar.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    I sometimes think I've seen someone (could be a person I've not seen for ages). I then realise it is not them, only to actually meet the person a short time (5 or 10 mins) later.
    JezWynd said:
    I sometimes think I've seen someone (could be a person I've not seen for ages). I then realise it is not them, only to actually meet the person a short time (5 or 10 mins) later.
    I've had a few premonitions but I don't see it as a special ability because it's too sporadic.  The most vivid was dreaming about Princess Diana being killed in a road accident (the night before it happened). 

Also, I can make the telephone ring just by going to the toilet.  
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72304
    I have the ability to bore people rigid within about thirty seconds when I'm talking about something I'm really interested in.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I can slice bread incredibly thinly but that might be down to the knife I use rather than any superpower although I was exposed to a thin slice of radioactive bread when I was a research student.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    I have had health issues for many years that have had periods of causing strange events to happen around me.

For a while my blood would keep getting stuck in part of my foot.  I soon learned that it wasn’t safe to go outside if this pressure was strong in my foot as without fail a stranger on the street would try to start a fight with me.  At one point I even had someone stop his car and get out in the middle of the street to come after me, shouting threats.

I got really good at improving the circulation in my feet after that.

Then there was the period of blood rushing through my chest in waves, causing immense sensations of love and contentment.  I soon learned that going outside in this state reliably resulted in attractive women chatting me up at bus stops and old friends showing up out of nowhere.

Unfortunately my health moved on to other things and this superpower is gone, it was very nice.

2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1592
    edited January 2018
    I can keep track of time very well without looking at a watch or clock. I can be accurate to a couple of mins after an 8 to 10 hr period. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    oooh, forgot this one, I have a flawless sense of direction, I am always able to tell which way is up.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    I have the power to be ignored.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    I seem to be able to screw up relationships with supernatural ease.

dano said:
    I can keep track of time very well without looking at a watch or clock. I can be accurate to a couple of mins after an 8 to 10 hr period. 
    I generally have to get up in the night to have a piss (which, whilst annoying is preferrable to not getting up and having a piss) and can also tell to within a few minutes what the time is - and I don't mean it's time for a piss (or time to change the bedding).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Neill said:

Also, I can make the telephone ring just by going to the toilet.  

Similar to this, I have the ability to summon food to my table in a restaurant simply by going to the toilet. Is that classed as an above average power?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I hope this thread is partially serious.

I have been told that my instincts are really  good. Is that a special power?
    I have phoned loved ones who were 7000 miles away and said "What's wrong"? to get the reply "How did you know"

About 4 years ago I went to the phone and rang my elderly aunt who was 40 miles away. My sister answered the phone and said: "What are you doing on the phone Skipped...and how did you know I was round here?"

I said: Why are you using my Music Radar Username?  I don't know why I am the phone. What is wrong?

She said: "I have just walked in with Auntie's shopping. She is dead on the floor."

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can sing a B Flat perfectly at any time, but no other note unless I first sing B Flat to use as a reference.

I'm also quite good at throwing mainly vaguely spherical things - paper into a bin or at somebody's face, a ball into a basket or at somebody's face, etc etc.

Nothing super though sadly :(
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Maynehead Without my contact lenses in, I can see the tiny writing on pound coins! My terrible vision is also ultra-vision!

For anyone who doesn't know:

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I have the supreme ability to avoid posting in forum threads asking about any special powers I may have. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204

VimFuego said:
    oooh, forgot this one, I have a flawless sense of direction, I am always able to tell which way is up.

Ah, but since the only way is up, I believe it's an easy superpower to harness.

I also used to have powers when watching television. Super Stephanie Powers! What a gal! Or she was, because she's got too old now, and I'm a bit of an ageist barstool.

My real superpower is having the ability to make other guitarists sound fantastically great. Fortunately for me it only works when I've a guitar in my hands.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    @Maynehead Without my contact lenses in, I can see the tiny writing on pound coins! My terrible vision is also ultra-vision!

For anyone who doesn't know:

Yep, and on the other side is the year of production :)

Microscope eyes unite!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I have excellent drunk navigation. No matter the city, no matter the distance, no matter the consumption* I can find my way back to the hotel without taxis or mobiles.

*Must be conscious.

I have proven this on several a stag do and overnight work things. 
    @Maynehead and @bluechargeboy that is bloody amazing - I've just examined a pound coin with a magnifying glass and I still can't see any writing.  You ought to be able to put this to some profitable use surely?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom