Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

By heck its getting windy!!!

What's Hot
House is starting to rattle quite a bit down here in Dorset as Eleanor breezes through.  How everyone else? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It appears to be windy in most places in the UK, it's a bit blowy in Sheffield at the moment. Are you on high ground or on the coast, or on top of a cliff on the coast? "Dorset" doesn't narrow it down enough, I like Dorset as well, been to a few places down there, hope it don't get blown away ;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited January 2018
    Absolutely lashing it down here and very windy
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Wind easing in Irish Midlands right now but it is raining heavily. More heavy rain tomorrow....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Pretty gusty down here in London, not looking forward to tomorrow, forecasts say winds up to 42mph are expected.
  • You lads must be getting the worst of it then , Its not much more than a tad blustery in Derbyshire.
  • MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    Here in Wokingham once the wind had blown down all the brick walls of the houses it went on to strip the very flesh from our bones, leaving us pitiful skeletons in the ruins of our abodes. Internet, is still up though, so, you know, mustn't grumble.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Pffft. Living in the fens, this is a mild zephyr.
  • Yeah it's mad windy here, my wee mummy opened up the back door and all leaves blew in, made a right mess of the kitchen!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    normal for norfolk eh? though I believe that phrase actually refers to something else.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited January 2018
    VimFuego said:
    normal for norfolk eh? though I believe that phrase actually refers to something else.
    Wash your mouth out with soap. I don't live in Norfolk
  • slightly more windy than usual in Suffolk. Miserable cold rain.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Pretty gusty down here in London, not looking forward to tomorrow, forecasts say winds up to 42mph are expected.
    42? That's bloody picnic weather up here on t'moors! 

Soft shite! ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    89 mph here in Iceland...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    It's the first recycling collection after Christmas tomorrow so everyone has all their stuff out, mostly empty plastic bottles making their way down the street at the mo
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    House is starting to rattle quite a bit down here in Dorset as Eleanor breezes through.  How everyone else? 
    Don't tell me .. large vindaloo in the Raj Tandoori washed down with copious pints of Cobra beer .. that Eleanor's a right grockle ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    There'll be a few die hards out windsurfing at West Kirby tomorrow trying to beat 50knots.
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 605
    Surrounded by huge giant sleeping hills in the valleys here in South Wales. Snug with a little bit of rain - all relative of course :-)
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7826
    Roofers will be rubbing their hands with glee.  I lost a portion of my roof a few years back in winds like this.  I’ve just moved the car further down the drive, just in case.... ;)
  • It appears to be windy in most places in the UK, it's a bit blowy in Sheffield at the moment. Are you on high ground or on the coast, or on top of a cliff on the coast? "Dorset" doesn't narrow it down enough, I like Dorset as well, been to a few places down there, hope it don't get blown away ;)
    Im a couple of miles from Lulworth Cove,  We have flood alerts this morning and a few trees down in the village according to the local news.  Some localised power cuts as well.  Most of Dorset appears to have survived though. 

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited January 2018
    I just got to work, to discover, that the government has issued a severe weather warning and told people to stay inside unless extremely required to leave the house... We are expecting Storm Burglind, and overnihg it's grown to be a Hurricane warning

https://www.blick.ch/

Surreal is that the wind is reported to be affecting Zürich airport, the motorway close to where I work is closed. The train line is blocked in Solothun, Yet looking out of my office window, the tress are not moving at all...

Tomorrow will bring a meter of snow in my village apparently.. fun.