The Orange Ego is at it again!

What's Hot
He’s just claimed personal credit for 2017 being the safest for global aviation!!  He’s obviously so detached from reality that he thinks that people are not going to laugh at this bizarre display of narcissism.

Also...  he’s literally just taunted Kim Jong-Un saying his (Trump’s) nuclear button is bigger than Kim’s.

I don’t think the world has ever had to deal with a leader so infantile and egotistical.  He even manages to make Berlusconi appear statesmanlike.
98% shouting at clouds and 2% laminate flooring
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 447
    Emp_Fab said:
    He’s just claimed personal credit for 2017 being the safest for global aviation!!  He’s obviously so detached from reality that he thinks that people are not going to laugh at this bizarre display of narcissism.

Also...  he’s literally just taunted Kim Jong-Un saying his (Trump’s) nuclear button is bigger than Kim’s.

I don’t think the world has ever had to deal with a leader so infantile and egotistical.  He even manages to make Berlusconi appear statesmanlike.
    You know the my button's bigger bit, I have to admit my pretty low opinion of him went up a bit there.  he reminds me of Team America World Police!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 7403
    Before Trump, Kim Jong Un was the silly little boy jumping up and down because the grown-ups in the room weren't taking enough notice of him. Now, there's another silly little boy in the room shouting "My big red knob's bigger than yours! NERRR!"

I'd like to bang their heads together and tell them to either play nicely, or not at all. Better still just to pack them off to their bedrooms without any supper.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs.
    Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1376

Nah, it's all great fun.  What could be more funny than a couple of idiots teasing each other over the Internet?

World Class satire. :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 5340

In my life,why do I give valuable time to people who I'd much rather kick in the eye.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 28251
    What Trump doesn't seem to realise is that his "mine is bigger than yours, ner ner ner ner ner" button doesn't actually do anything. The US military have already publicly discussed what they would do in the event of Trump ordering a nuclear strike, and the answer is nothing - unless America was actually under attack they would consider it an illegal order.

Kim's on the other hand might. It's not size that counts...
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 3406
    edited January 3
    munckee said:
    Emp_Fab said:

You know the my button's bigger bit, I have to admit my pretty low opinion of him went up a bit there.  he reminds me of Team America World Police!
    His button only looks bigger ‘cos he’s got little hands. Mrs T reckons his small hands also help make his dangly bits look bigger.

Edit - Oops, just noticed @Breakstuff beat me to it.
    It might look like I'm listening to you, but in my head I'm playing my guitar.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 3406
    Q. Trump and Kim get washed up on a desert island. Who survives?

A. Civilisation as we know it.
    It might look like I'm listening to you, but in my head I'm playing my guitar.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 2548
    I'm not a Trump fan at all..
    but has anyone considered that he's simply taking the p1ss out of Kim..

when I heard about this I imagined Trump and his crew falling about laughing after the tweet...
    and under that, it say to me..
    yeah whatever, we [the USA] ain't taking you seriously so we'll just keep pulling your plonker
    play every note as if it were your first
  • RabsRabs Frets: 660

I don't usually comment in these parts...  Politics is just so frustrating to me that I barely want to get involved in any way these days.

When he first got in I thought ok...  Hes clearly not a nice human being BUT if he runs it like a business maybe, just maybe he would be ok.. (this was right at the beginning)....

But he just keeps proving almost daily what an awful horrible nasty little man he is..

This latest my button is bigger than yours, I just find pathetic. They are acting like school children.. Not people in charge of weapons capable of ending us all....

In his election speeches he constantly went on about America for Americans ..  That he wont be sticking his nose in to other countries politics..  That's all hes frikken done.  Whats the other latest one... Hes going to withdraw all money from any country who doesn't give him respect...

Id rather see Ali G in charge :P

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 11734
    edited January 6
    This book seems to have brought out the more mature side of him...   Before it's published he's ranting on Twitter about how it's all lies and how he's going to stop it being sold.  Er... That was a great move wasn't it Dumbass?

After the free advertising they release the book early and people are queuing to buy it!

Every time Trump tweets he just confirms the suspicion that he's REALLY got the mental age of a 13 year old.  Take his latest tweets about Steve Bannon and this book...  He's using juvenile terms like "total loser"  "really boring"  and name calling - 'Sloppy Steve".

I know he's an idiot and a crook etc but I still can't get my brain to rationalise the shit he comes out with with the office of the President of The United States.  It's like we had elected Roy 'Chubby' Brown to become Prime Minister or Jim Davidson to become King.  How can the the most important job on the planet be given to a petulant adolescent?

I know I'm just repeating the same old shit but I keep getting slapped around the face with the insane reality we're living in.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    I'd like Spitting Image to do a puppet of him.
    edited January 6
    Just now.... 4.27 AM for him....  "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."

and he's just referred to himself as "(a) 
    genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

"Like, really smart" ?

Genius ??

Wha.... How ca.....  But.....  

• ewalewal Frets: 610
    I am similarly incredulous. How can any country let itself be led by an infant? I'd like to think that if such a situation arose in the UK, say Alan Partridge was pm, then suitable action would be taken.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 1244
    ewal said:
    I am similarly incredulous. How can any country let itself be led by an infant? I'd like to think that if such a situation arose in the UK, say Alan Partridge was pm, then suitable action would be taken.
    Easy, fuckloads of tax cuts and a willingness to sacrifice GDP for jobs in America, which was the opposite of Hillary. For small town Americans it was little consolation that the country’s GDP may increase by 3% if their jobs were outsourced to China. 
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1376
    ewal said:
    How can any country let itself be led by an infant?

Well after years of average people getting sick of the top 1% ignoring them, they probably just voted him in as a "roll of the dice" - they're tired of the old order.

Anyway he'll be out in 4-8 years so I'm just not that worried about it anymore.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 1733
    Luke Skywalker's response was the pick of the bunch I feel.

Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    What is beginning to bother me is the near acceptance the US is demonstrating regarding the idiot in chief's continual displays of incompetence.

At what point do they say "enough is enough" and start making moves to get rid of him (the politicians) or gather en-masse on the streets demanding his resignation ?  It's screamingly obvious to everyone that he is a egomaniacal racist, sexist imbecile who has absolutely none of the skills that are required - that are essential for the job of a world leader.

Are the majority of Americans content with that ?  Perhaps the question should be 'Are the majority of Americans not bothered enough to take to the streets?'.

There obviously has to be a tipping point.  For example, should he ever declare that Congress should be abolished and he be declared President for Life or Air Force One be studded in diamonds at the public expense or somesuch, then there would be an immediate and popular move to oust or even prosecute him.  Somewhere along the line between those extreme scenarios and the current state of affairs lies a point where action to remove him becomes a reality.  I'm left wondering just how far down that path does that point lie ?  What does Trump have to do to invoke the rage of the American people ?

More concerning is whether a point even exists for his support-base.  Would Trump voters support him all the way to hell, regardless ?  I do wonder.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 5141
    it's something I wonder about as well, but it seems, from reading comments on social media, that the Trumpists almost revel in all the stories about him, it's almost like they are proud of him, and each of his gaffes raise him in their eyes. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 1244
    Emp_Fab said:
    What is beginning to bother me is the near acceptance the US is demonstrating regarding the idiot in chief's continual displays of incompetence.

At what point do they say "enough is enough" and start making moves to get rid of him (the politicians) or gather en-masse on the streets demanding his resignation ?  It's screamingly obvious to everyone that he is a egomaniacal racist, sexist imbecile who has absolutely none of the skills that are required - that are essential for the job of a world leader.

Are the majority of Americans content with that ?  Perhaps the question should be 'Are the majority of Americans not bothered enough to take to the streets?'.

There obviously has to be a tipping point.  For example, should he ever declare that Congress should be abolished and he be declared President for Life or Air Force One be studded in diamonds at the public expense or somesuch, then there would be an immediate and popular move to oust or even prosecute him.  Somewhere along the line between those extreme scenarios and the current state of affairs lies a point where action to remove him becomes a reality.  I'm left wondering just how far down that path does that point lie ?  What does Trump have to do to invoke the rage of the American people ?

More concerning is whether a point even exists for his support-base.  Would Trump voters support him all the way to hell, regardless ?  I do wonder.
    Because apart from being an embarrassing oaf, he hasn't actually done anything detrimental to most Americans. If 51% are happy with their bank balance, job security and futures then they'll see no reason to rock the boat.  Two friends of mine in California supported the concept of Calexit when he was elected, then they heard about the orange ape's tax reforms and how much they would save, then suddenly a cringing twitter feed didn't seem so bad.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 452
    It should be borne in mind that the US political and judicial system was designed with a phenomenon like Trump in mind.
    The ultimate authority is The Constitution. We should not under estimate how important this is to most Americans.
     The separation of powers has ensured stable governance for nearly 250 years and has survived a civil war.
    The guy made it to the White House, nothing can be done about that. The real test is whether the US system can keep him in check now that he's there.

The most alarming aspect is that like other Presidents he may opt for foreign jaunts if he doesn't get his way domestically.
    Kilgore said:
    It should be borne in mind that the US political and judicial system was designed with a phenomenon like Trump in mind.
    The ultimate authority is The Constitution. We should not under estimate how important this is to most Americans.
     The separation of powers has ensured stable governance for nearly 250 years and has survived a civil war.
    The guy made it to the White House, nothing can be done about that. The real test is whether the US system can keep him in check now that he's there.

The most alarming aspect is that like other Presidents he may opt for foreign jaunts if he doesn't get his way domestically.
    I thought it was Corporate America. Here, we have the Civil Service
  • I think the tipping point could well be the 2018 midterms. For the past year the shameless Republican party have been shamelessly burying their heads in the sand and turning a blind eye to the various horrendous things Trump has said and done. As long as he is there to blindly sign off on their pet projects like dismantling DACA protections, restricting health care provisions, and cutting taxes for their billionaire donors, they will tolerate Trump.

Condoning and pandering to Neo-Nazi thugs? Well maybe he didn't really mean it...

Hiring his own woefully inadequately qualified kids and other sundry cretins to important govt roles? Hey he's new at this, give him a chance...

Offending entire countries, races and religions with overtly racist comments and policies? Errm, yeah but he's just straight talker, the media just misinterpreted him...

Etc etc.

However, if they get a pummelling in the midterms this year, and look like they're gonna lose control of the House/Senate they will start to panic big time. It'll become apparent that continuing to support Trump through to 2020 could make the GOP unelectable for a generation. I predict the rats will start leaving the sinking ship, and the party will turn on Trump before the year is out.
    I think the tipping point could well be the 2018 midterms. 

However, if they get a pummelling in the midterms this year, and look like they're gonna lose control of the House/Senate they will start to panic big time. It'll become apparent that continuing to support Trump through to 2020 could make the GOP unelectable for a generation. I predict the rats will start leaving the sinking ship, and the party will turn on Trump before the year is out.
    Leaving an embattled, increasingly paranoid Trump in the White House, entirely dependent on his inner circle and base.

Oh dear...
    Kilgore said:
    I think the tipping point could well be the 2018 midterms. 

Leaving an embattled, increasingly paranoid Trump in the White House, entirely dependent on his inner circle and base.

Oh dear...
    it could be the armageddon we've all be praying for.

Oy!  Hang on there!  I don't know anyone who' is "praying for Armageddon" !!

Emp_Fab said:
    Oy!  Hang on there!  I don't know anyone who' is "praying for Armageddon" !!

Plenty in the Bible Belt who are.
    psst emp, I'll let you into a little secret that only the rest of the forum knows, it's a joke, I don't really want armageddon. I know, I know, shocking isn't it ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Ooh, you are a one, Vimmy.  I can never tell with you.  You're quite happy for a zombie apocalypse, but draw the line at armageddon.  I suppose pitchforks against nuclear fallout isn't as satisfying.
    I love how Trump fucks up then always seems to fuck up again in his laughable attempts to deny the first fuck up !
    Take the latest one - his "shithole countries" comments.  Despite several witnesses stating they heard him say it, his reaction was that of a child - barefaced denial - "I didn't do it !"  Next, he gets two sycophant GOP senators to say "we never heard him say that" - which is significantly different from "he never said that".

But the cherry on the top of this particular turd-tatin is Mitch McConnell, the leader of the GOP, who was present at the meeting - has refused to comment !  You can only come to one conclusion as a result - that Trump did say it and McConnell's refusal to support his denial just confirms Trumps is lying.

So, Trump has been highlighted as a liar - by his own party !!  

• However, if they get a pummelling in the midterms this year, and look like they're gonna lose control of the House/Senate they will start to panic big time. It'll become apparent that continuing to support Trump through to 2020 could make the GOP unelectable for a generation. I predict the rats will start leaving the sinking ship, and the party will turn on Trump before the year is out.
    Emp_Fab said:
    I love how Trump fucks up then always seems to fuck up again in his laughable attempts to deny the first fuck up !
    Take the latest one - his "shithole countries" comments.  Despite several witnesses stating they heard him say it, his reaction was that of a child - barefaced denial - "I didn't do it !"  Next, he gets two sycophant GOP senators to say "we never heard him say that" - which is significantly different from "he never said that".

But the cherry on the top of this particular turd-tatin is Mitch McConnell, the leader of the GOP, who was present at the meeting - has refused to comment !  You can only come to one conclusion as a result - that Trump did say it and McConnell's refusal to support his denial just confirms Trumps is lying.

So, Trump has been highlighted as a liar - by his own party !!  

That depends on whether you believe the Republicans are Trump's party. 

Consider Trumps voting base. You've got Republicans who would vote for any Republican White House candidate, Republicans who did not vote Trump in the candidate race and who would ordinarily oppose him but would not rebel, and then you have the new class of voter: those folk who came over from Breitbart with Bannon and got behind Trump.

The GOP hierarchy knows the faithful Republican voters won't change. Give them a white male candidate who gets a boner over guns whilst paying lip service to Christ and they're happy. The hierarchy also knows that there's a certain amount of GOP dislike/distrust toward Trump within some voters but they went with him for the greater good (ie. so Hillary wouldn't have her chance). 

It's that final group, the Bannon/Breitbart voters, that is the real key to all of this. Nobody knows how large and how powerful they really are. Will they hang around for the next election? What's the lifespan of this group? Folk in the UK saw how UKIP shot its bolt after the referendum and now appears to be nothing more than a laughing stock as they prepare to dump another leader for the apparent crime of shagging a young racist. The B/B voter might be as transitory. Now that Trump and Bannon are at war, there may be the possibility that some see Trump as a fraud. 

What the midterms will do is to give the hierarchy some idea of where the voter bases are thinking now.  Until then, you will get situations like the above refusal of Mitch McConnell to comment. They simply do not dare pissing off Trump and thus potentially pissing off that potentially volatile segment of the voting public. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter