The “WTF has Trump done now!?” thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 6259
    teehee, lip service to christ. Think I've seen that film. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 11495
    VimFuego said:
    teehee, lip service to christ. Think I've seen that film. 
    It's not as good as The Burning Bush. 
    Clarity over quantity.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 3979
    I see he's not coming to London now to open the new US embassy at Nine Elms. Obstensibly because the old building was sold for peanuts by the Obama administration. Fake news! The reality is that the decision to sell was made by the Bush administration. To be fair the actual sale did take place during the Obama administration but only just - Obama had been president for one day.

It might look like I'm listening to you, but in my head I'm playing my guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 1917
    HAL9000 said:
    I see he's not coming to London now to open the new US embassy at Nine Elms. Obstensibly because the old building was sold for peanuts by the Obama administration. Fake news! The reality is that the decision to sell was made by the Bush administration. To be fair the actual sale did take place during the Obama administration but only just - Obama had been president for one day.

It’s a great bit of politics on his part. Everyone has picked up on the gaffe and has ignored the real reasons for cancelling the trip. Job done now he moves on to the next 140 character car crash...
    Twice the car crash now that Twitter now allows 280 characters - presumably it's doubled Trump's workload.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 3194
    Only another 3 years .....

Make America great again! 
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1448
    HAL9000 said:
    Twice the car crash now that Twitter now allows 280 characters - presumably it's doubled Trump's workload.

He's gonna need bigger thumbs....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    So, now that he's in Switzerland, may I make a little suggestion (that might just save money on the return fare)...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    HAL9000 said:
    So, now that he's in Switzerland, may I make a little suggestion (that might just save money on the return fare)...
    And get Pence in return? Fuck that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • randellarandella Frets: 1848
    Garthy said:
    HAL9000 said:
    And get Pence in return? Fuck that.
    That was always my fear when people were desperate to depose Trump in the beginning.

Best to let the whole experiment play out and fail.  Old Wotsit-chops isn't the only nasty bugger lurking around in the rarefied atmosphere of that clique, some of the others have brains too which would make them twice as dangerous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 32861
    I've always thought that the Republican party will let Trump do what he wants for three years, then get rid of him by one means or another - putting President Pence into office with less than a year to go until the next election and make him a honeymoon-period walk-in for 2020.

Pence would have been unelectable as a candidate in his own right, as Lyndon Johnson would have been had he not been JFK's Vice-President - like Pence, he was seen as too conservative and too much of a party insider.

Johnson won in '64 with the biggest landslide in US history...
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 2319
    ^^ So far, Pence seems to have avoided becoming entangled in the whole Russia collusion/obstruction thing too, which would seem like the most obvious means to purge Trump and his shit-show.

The Pence / Johnson comparison is interesting, but it doesn't take into account how much the Republican "brand" might be tarnished by Trump, and by the degree to which they've supported, enabled and/or lied for him.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

The Pence / Johnson comparison is interesting, but it doesn't take into account how much the Republican "brand" might be tarnished by Trump, and by the degree to which they've supported, enabled and/or lied for him.
    I don't think they will have too much difficulty painting him as an interloper who took over the party to serve his own ego, rather than a true Republican. After all, he was once registered as a Democrat.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
    ^^ So far, Pence seems to have avoided becoming entangled in the whole Russia collusion/obstruction thing too, which would seem like the most obvious means to purge Trump and his shit-show.

Pence is an insurance policy “assassinate or impeach me and you get him!”. It’s fucking genius really. 
  • The Orange Ego is an embarrassment to the US.  Several members of Congress are just as bad.
  • Says it all too when the only person to get an interview in Davos was Piers Morgan...I think that other nutter Gorka now works for Fox too
    Says it all too when the only person to get an interview in Davos was Piers Morgan...I think that other nutter Gorka now works for Fox too
    Don't forget the other Gorka. Just as mad and possessing more power. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/johnhudson/the-gorka-that-matters-isnt-leaving-the-trump-administration?utm_term=.saMqkJkM6#.kmlwbobgd
    Clarity over quantity.  

Conversation

This memo totally vindicates “Trump” in probe. But the Russian Witch Hunt goes on and on. Their was no Collusion and there was no Obstruction (the word now used because, after one year of looking endlessly and finding NOTHING, collusion is dead). This is an American disgrace!

Retweets

Well, for someone who has such a high IQ and is, apparently, a genius I’d expect better than ‘Their was no collusion...’. (Learning English would be a good start.)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 13423
    So, in recent weeks, his sidekick Giuliani has admitted Trump repaid Cohen for the hush money over an affair that didn’t happen (!).

His ex-doctor revealed Trump uses Propecia for his thinning Barnet so Trump sends in his goons in a morning raid to steal all of the Doc’s records on Trump.  His doc then admits that Trump dictated that ridiculous “healthiest president ever” letter (as if we all didn’t know that already!).

His staff departures are too numerous to mention but two recent notables are Dr Ronny Jackson for allegations of drunken antics and giving out prescription drugs for recreational use, and his chief lawyer in the defence against the Mueller investigation.

This morning, he’s banging on at an NRA conference about how bad knife crime is in London - trying to make a point about gun control, but missing the obvious point that you can only stab one person at a time and you have to be very very close to them, compared with an automatic assault rifle.

If any of these things had happened under any other president, it would be headline news for weeks!  With Trump, nobody can catch their breath before he says or does something even more insane.
    Birds are meant to fly free...  Open every cage you see.

https://www.peta.org/about-peta/why-peta/caged-birds/
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 16993
    Emp_Fab said:
    So, in recent weeks, his sidekick Giuliani has admitted Trump repaid Cohen for the hush money over an affair that didn’t happen (!).

His ex-doctor revealed Trump uses Propecia for his thinning Barnet so Trump sends in his goons in a morning raid to steal all of the Doc’s records on Trump.  His doc then admits that Trump dictated that ridiculous “healthiest president ever” letter (as if we all didn’t know that already!).

His staff departures are too numerous to mention but two recent notables are Dr Ronny Jackson for allegations of drunken antics and giving out prescription drugs for recreational use, and his chief lawyer in the defence against the Mueller investigation.

This morning, he’s banging on at an NRA conference about how bad knife crime is in London - trying to make a point about gun control, but missing the obvious point that you can only stab one person at a time and you have to be very very close to them, compared with an automatic assault rifle.

If any of these things had happened under any other president, it would be headline news for weeks!  With Trump, nobody can catch their breath before he says or does something even more insane.
    It's just like watching Dallas .... Trump is JR Ewing and Americans love it ... he's different and doesn't give a shit.
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    Fretwired said:
    It's just like watching Dallas .... Trump is JR Ewing and Americans love it ... he's different and doesn't give a shit.
    I imagine for many Americans it's like watching Dexter or Lecter in action. You know he's a lying devious shitbag but it's the way that he does it that draws them in. 
    Clarity over quantity.  
  • RabsRabs Frets: 1057

And hasn't he been nominated for a Nobel peace prize....

You couldn't make this shit up...

• rocktronrocktron Frets: 461
    edited May 5
    Rabs said:

And hasn't he been nominated for a Nobel peace prize....

You couldn't make this shit up...

What exactly did Obama do to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009?

Even Obama himself was taken by surprise that he was nominated, due to the fact that he was in office for a very short time after he was inaugurated as President on January 20th that year.  
    Today he’s just pissed off the French by mimicking the Paris shooters and claiming that they could have prevented he deaths if they didn’t have strict gun laws.  His argument was that if everyone had a gun then they could have taken out the shooters before the death toll rose higher, suggesting in his mimicry that the victims died one at a time instead of in a hail of bullets from an automatic weapon as was the case.

The news about the spy firm is fascinating. It's even more fascinating when you put it against a Twitter thread from one of the people spied upon. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/may/05/trump-team-hired-spy-firm-dirty-ops-iran-nuclear-deal?CMP=share_btn_tw
    Clarity over quantity.  
    Wouldn't it be ironic if Kim Jong-Un gets rid of his nuclear weapons...

... by giving them to Iran.
    You watch the shit hit the fan when he abandons the Iran deal next weekend...

A very interesting piece from the Observer.. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/05/observer-view-trump-folly-risking-peace-middle-east

It's a near certainty that if Trump tears up the deal, Iran will go all-out to get the bomb. They will have nothing further to lose, and everything to fear from an aggressive Trump who has decided to do Netanyahu's bidding.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9005
    He tore it up today. 'kin eejit
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 6259
    edited May 8
    it goes against all every fibre of my being, but trumps tactics with N Korea seem, for all their lack of subtlety and nuance, seem to be working, or at least paying dividends. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt over Iran. If his bluster and posturing produces something, then we have to give him credit for it. OFC, if it all backfires on him, I'll be on that anti trump bandwagon and telling all and sundry that I told you so, quicker than shit through a goose.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.