Guitar identification

What's Hot
ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
Stumped on this one ,4 hole round plate?, looks like it says Japan on neck plate
which could have been added as the fretboard looks recent to me.
Spent a fair while trying to identify it to no avail.
http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/product-faulty/electric-guitar-3B1385

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited January 2018
    Old school back back back in the day sht
    I know what this guitar is...
    A heavy piece of sh*t, that's what it is, want my advice, burn it. LOL
    IDK, I just know this was stupidly heavy, like for display purposes only heavy.
    Cheap as hell, and feels like it does your body some harm...
    Now there's a beast that I forgot about.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    looks to me to be similar to many of the copies that came out in the late 70's and 80's like Eros, Satellite, Avon  and Columbus - many came out of the same factory - pretty certain the pick ups will have been changed judging on the pics alone
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    Looks remarkably like the one in the photos aside from the pick ups being zebra, thanks LWAG will not bother
    going to see the piece of ****.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    The pickups are replacements - the originals would have been covered ones with only one coil in. The fingerboard is original. It's a cheap 70s Japanese copy - probably a Kay, Angelica or some similar generic brand that isn't actually related to the factory that made it. The oddly-shaped cutaway horn and rounded fingerboard end mean it's probably one of the less good varieties, even by these standards - although sometimes you can find one which isn't too bad.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    Looks like an Avon LP copy I used to have.

Horrible plywood things. 

MIJ doesn't always mean good. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14219
    tFB Trader
    Neil said:
    Looks like an Avon LP copy I used to have.

Horrible plywood things. 

MIJ doesn't always mean good. 
    most far eastern guitars then were nearly made in Japan (70's era) - the Korean, Chinese models came later as Japan became more expensive - Agree MIJ on its own is not a guaranteed sign of quality - It just shows how much better 'entry level' production has become in the last 10/20 years when you see such models as this 'Avon'
    Coincidently Sam Deeks the youtube guitar repairer/restorer put a video up of what looks
    like the same one a Kay 30 ...just a week ago..

Four screws on round switch plate.
    edited January 2018
    Clashman said:
    Coincidently Sam Deeks the youtube guitar repairer/restorer put a video up of what looks
    like the same one a Kay 30 ...just a week ago..

nope, look at the enlay of that Kay.
    Vs. what that mystery lump sh*t is.

It's a copy of a copy.

And I hereby put a buoy out there on this mystery guitar that's resurfaced when OP/ @Clashman found it...
    - - IF YOU SEE ONE OF THESE FOR SALE -- Do not buy if they're asking for more than £4.00 - -
    And even then, call it guitar art and do what you like to it. I'd advise against playing this mystery guitar where you have to take a close eye on the neck inlay to see what it is, to be this very heavy potentially debilitating too heavy for it's own good mystery cheap LP.  

• Looks cool though...

but don't be fooled by a pretty smile.
  • I'm just glad, you know, I didn't own it, but, belongs to a buddy back then who if I bump into in town today, will say hi to, so, he's cool... His guitar's a piece of sh*t but he was great lending me his, yeah.
    I'd advise deeply against the guitar though.
    Thanks LWAG I do fancy get an LP but don't fancy splashing the cash on a real one but I would have tried it out
    had you not pointed out it was a proverbial bag of ...
    edited January 2018
    Clashman said:
    Thanks LWAG I do fancy get an LP but don't fancy splashing the cash on a real one but I would have tried it out
    had you not pointed out it was a proverbial bag of ...
    What is your budget?

Want my advice...
    Aim for no worse than a Columbus.
    Walk if it's a Gear4Music or has a nasty horror story like this piece of sh*t heavy as Hell Les Paul copy (of a copy maybe)...
    Looks cool though. - but I wouldn't, neither would I a gear for music.
    Today, my spoilt self is fussy about Epiphones.
    but IDK, it's your body.
    I'd buy a broken fixer upper that's a cool guitar...
    And then use @FelineGuitars ;; and expect to pay what I would have for a new one, only' it'll be cooler fore coming out of the @FelineGuitars custom shop with luxury parts and polished up and a custom build.
    I'd say, try get a broken guitar for more under £100.00 that's worth like £600.00
    and work with a place in Croydon that has a fair payment plan.
    I'm sure if it's far, you guys can ship, but, the person who knows all about me and budget guitars happens to also be a user here so, my advise is to see what @FelineGuitars can do with
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbroken+epiphpne+les+paul.TRS0&_nkw=broken+epiphpne+les+paul&_sacat=0

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=broken+epiphpne+les+paul&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.Xbroken+les+paul.TRS0&_nkw=broken+les+paul&_sacat=0

For example.

edited January 2018
    From Canada
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Greco-MIJ-Les-Paul-Custom-Project-With-Gibson-Pot-Installed/183007726381?hash=item2a9c1c4b2d:g:~AkAAOSwO~VaVAV-
    $12.00 (American)
    I'm not even getting UK prices for some reason.

Jumps out at me as being a better risk than like £63.00 for the OP guitar.
    edited January 2018
    From the UK
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Les-Paul-Copy-Project/173083081341?hash=item284c8e3a7d:g:hWsAAOSwHYVaUpQZ
    It's like £15.00 in shipping, going for £2.00 atm I'd say this is worth more than that thing in Bradford in the OP.