things in life you didn't finish

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
I was never big on Harry Potter. Didn't read the books. I had a bit of a binge watching the films a year or so ago and ran through them all ... except the last one. I just couldn't be bothered with sitting through yet another 2+ hours of yet more wizardry hokum.

On one hand it seems like a lot of time to invest in movies and not see the end, on the other hand, Meh.

Got stuff you didn't finish?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    cabbage and liver...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Calsonic Skyline Gt R 124
    I got as far as painting the engine, gave it two coats and I could still see the blue plastic underneath. Now, more than 10/15 years later, i suspect all the paints that I bought have dried out, but I might see if I can find it over the summer. I think I know where it is...
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    A PhD
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A PhD

Me too.

Although I never started one either... and never applied to do one... so I guess you may have got a bit further than me.

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    quarky said:
    A Tamiya model of a Calsonic Skyline. Maybe this one. 
    Calsonic Skyline Gt R 124
    I got as far as painting the engine, gave it two coats and I could still see the blue plastic underneath. Now, more than 10/15 years later, i suspect all the paints that I bought have dried out, but I might see if I can find it over the summer. I think I know where it is...
    @quarky  That reminds me, I have a Tamika Dark Impact which I’ve built, added the radios to, and tested.  I just need to paint the body shell and it’s there.

Nice little winter project I think!  Then I’ll have to think of something else to add to this thread :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    My university degree.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309

A level revision (although I never would have made it through university at the time, so probably best)

Learning many, many songs

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Laminate flooring??
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A PhD

^^ This - did two years and got fed up of being skint - TBH the killer was realising that it would not make any difference to my earning potential and I had no desire to remain in academia!

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22785
    An awful lot of partscasters...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13940
    6th form. Left after 6 weeks...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited January 2018
    randella said:
    quarky said:
    A Tamiya model of a Calsonic Skyline. Maybe this one. 
    @quarky  That reminds me, I have a Tamika Dark Impact which I’ve built, added the radios to, and tested.  I just need to paint the body shell and it’s there.

Nice little winter project I think!  Then I’ll have to think of something else to add to this thread
    Excellent! My kids inspired me to get my tamiya RC out and buy a new battery. 

As a kid, I always wanted a Monster Beetle (my parents promised to buy me an RC car one when they sold my trainset when we emigrated), but I never got one. I am so damn tempted to buy one now to put together with the kids. 

As a start, I think I can use the ESC and remotes (and new battery!) from the Subaru too.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    quarky said:

Excellent! My kids inspired me to get my tamiya RC out and buy a new battery. 

As a kid, I always wanted a Monster Beetle (my parents promised to buy me an RC car one when they sold my trainset when we emigrated), but I never got one. I am so damn tempted to buy one now to put together with the kids. 

As a start, I think I can use the ESC and remotes (and new battery!) from the Subaru too.
    @quarky - do it!  I have a Striker that must be 33 years old, I restored it, repainted it and fitted an ESC with a new motor.  It was great fun racing it around, but I was a little concerned about slamming three-decade old plastic around the local countryside - hence the Dark Impact.

I’ve discovered that RC stuff has got both more affordable and much better quality.  The batteries I kind of expected, as even rechargeable AAs were bobbins when we were kids, but the sundry stuff - radio receivers and the like - seem to be much much better.

My Striker had the old mechanical control with the whopping great resistance.  I’ve kept it for posterity but I can’t deny the modern kit beats it in every way.

Love that Impreza, cracking job on the shell.  Looks the business with the gold wheels.
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Thanks! I didn't build it though, so can't take any credit for that. It was my brothers originally. I have at least cleaned it a little since that photo was taken though. :)

God I remember the Striker. There were some really iconic cars released around that time.

Yep, new RC gear seems to have better performance, but some of that classic Tamiya stuff is pretty reliable in comparison!
  • My "album".
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7781

When I replaced a central heating pump I put my foot through the kitchen ceiling, the hole's still there.

The pump was removed a few years ago when a new boiler went in, the hole remains.

I've lived here 25 years, the hole has been there for around half of that.

One day !

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

When I replaced a central heating pump I put my foot through the kitchen ceiling, the hole's still there.

The pump was removed a few years ago when a new boiler went in, the hole remains.

I've lived here 25 years, the hole has been there for around half of that.

One day !

@Paul_C. ; Thanks... and have a Wisdom.  Have just shown your post to my long-suffering wife.... just to prove it's not just me that does these things.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    The question will ony become relevant when I'm dead. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited January 2018
    Emp_Fab said:
    Repairing my boat :)

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    this sent...

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom