things in life you didn't finish

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516

I started painting the walls of my kitchen in 1990.  They have a nasty textured finish which made it bloody hard work.  I gave up.

About a year later I tried again, in a different colour.  Painted the same wall.  Gave up again.

I'm used to it now.

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15925
    edited January 2018
    What kind of things do you me......
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    My girlfriend who is now my wife.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2099
    We binged Dexter from the beginning and never watched the last two or three episodes and still haven’t. I still don’t know how it ended.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4028
    edited January 2018
    Paul_C said:

When I replaced a central heating pump I put my foot through the kitchen ceiling, the hole's still there...

Until I read that I'd forgotten about the hole I put in plaster ventilation louvre in order to let a starling out who'd got stuck in the chimney... must be 15 years ago. 
    I look at it every day -- it still has the square of cardboard over the hole -- and it's in my living room. 
    I look at it but I don't see it.  (Well, I didn't until you reminded me!)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Watched 3 series of breaking bad and lost interest, watched 3 series of the sopranos and lost interest.  Stupidly however managed to waste weeks of my life watching every single episode of Lost only to discover they couldn't be bothered to think up a proper ending so went with the one everyone said it was in series one but they denied.

I painted the inside of a kitchen cupboard earlier this year and then we couldn't be faffed with painting them so its a permanent reminder of our laziness.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Paul_C said:

When I replaced a central heating pump I put my foot through the kitchen ceiling, the hole's still there.

The pump was removed a few years ago when a new boiler went in, the hole remains.

I've lived here 25 years, the hole has been there for around half of that.

One day !

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    Iron Fist on Netflix

I can't have been the only one.  It was utter toilet.
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Iron Fist on Netflix

I can't have been the only one.  It was utter toilet.
    Yes it was and I watched all that as well...
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4290
    Budgie said:
    We binged Dexter from the beginning and never watched the last two or three episodes and still haven’t. I still don’t know how it ended.
    You reminded me I did this with Breaking Bad. I watched all the series up to the last one, but I've never seen the last series. 

I made the mistake of reading the episode guide for the final series on the Breaking Bad wiki and didn't like the sound of it so never bothered. 

I enjoyed the others though. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• randellarandella Frets: 4088
    edited January 2018
    I hung a door in the doorway between the sitting room and the hallway.  Cut and planed the door to fit, cut the rebate for the hinges, hung it, took it off, planed it a bit more to stop it sticking, hung it again.  Cut the mortice for the latch, fitted two very smart knobs.

It worked perfectly for nearly ten years, during which time it still quite clearly had pencil marks denoting “hallway side” and a big arrow pointing up.  It never got sanded or varnished.

I could have taken a few hours to finish the door like all the others in the house that I hung at the same time, but instead I just moved out.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6838
    I havent bloody started.... 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    edited January 2018
    I bought all the stuff to make a partscaster but the neck and body didn't fit together, so I had hulk rage and sawed through the fretboard and took a hammer to the body. 

I have a recurring dream that I haven't finished uni. I wake up thinking that I haven't completed some module or other and that I need to go back, nearly 20 years since I left, to finish. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    munckee said:
    Watched 3 series of breaking bad and lost interest, watched 3 series of the sopranos and lost interest.  Stupidly however managed to waste weeks of my life watching every single episode of Lost only to discover they couldn't be bothered to think up a proper ending so went with the one everyone said it was in series one but they denied.

You need to watch The Sopranos again, it’s brilliant. But yeah, Lost. Sheesh, what a steaming turd that was. 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    edited January 2018
    RMJ said:
    I have a recurring dream that I haven't finished uni. I wake up thinking that I haven't completed some module or other and that I need to go back, nearly 20 years since I left, to finish. 
    @RMJ ; Oh god, snap. Once every couple of months, vivid as you like. I still wake up sweating despite the fact I graduated when Oasis were still worth listening to. 
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3010
    edited January 2018
    About 25 years ago my college tutor lent me a book about 'Time Managerment' because he thought I was struggling with it.

It's still on my shelf only about 2 chapters completed.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    About fifteen years ago, I started to write a science fiction novel called 'The Thirteenth Battle'. I got 28,000 words down on a story that combined Arthurian legend with an alien invasion. Been meaning to finish it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
     Coronation Street. Saw an episode in 1979. Never watched the rest. It was crap.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    randella said:
    RMJ said:
    @RMJ ; Oh god, snap. Once every couple of months, vivid as you like. I still wake up sweating despite the fact I graduated when Oasis were still worth listening to. 

I have a recurring university dream, but it's not about not finishing - I'm just starting, or sometimes going back again to do another degree, and I miss a crucial lecture/meeting on the first day which means I don't know, and can't find out, the timetable for the rest of the year.

Nothing much actually happens beyond that, just a horrible feeling of helplessness which makes me wake up in a panic. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    I saw the title and knew you bastards would be taking the piss out of me.

Just because I never finished the laminate and abandoned the boat idea.

Just as well I never told you about the other projects I am yet to finish...
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom