SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - FS only MM Albert Lee HH in Black with all rosewood neck

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7108
edited January 2018 in Guitars £
Don’t ever buy an old Victorian house that used to be run as a B & B as it will suck every penny from you !

I was chatting to @AllthegearNoidea  yesterday as I was a bit keen on his Sportsman . I had ‘the conversation’ with the Mrs to clear the purchase (not a problem thought I as I have sold off so much gear recently) and she mentioned that we had just received another £700 bill from the sparky along with a warning of further costs on the way.....

I’m now selling one of my remaining 2.5 guitars (one is in bits) to cover the remaining bills reassuring myself that once this current bit of work is sorted I will get something similar back once my finances allow !

Its a great guitar, in really good condition and with the original hard case and candy. The neck is ridiculous as you’ve probably read on here and the pickups are lovely and warm, to my ears quite vintage sounding.

Sorry about the crappy pictures , the house is dusty as hell with half built kitchen units all over the place so I took some photos in front of a window where there was reasonable light and no building supplies :-)

https://imgur.com/gallery/LTbLh

Looking for £1300 which I think is pretty good bearing in mind the condition and what they go for new nowadays. For an impartial opinion of this particular guitar have a word with @lerxstmusicman , who came to buy another one of mine a few months back and ended up playing the sh1t out of this instead :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    I *really* don't need to see this right now!!!!
  • @Majorscale   Unfortunately this is what I see when I head into my kitchen at the moment

https://imgur.com/gallery/NhY2O
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    @Majorscale   Unfortunately this is what I see when I head into my kitchen at the moment

https://imgur.com/gallery/NhY2O
    I bet the room reverb sounds good though!
  • Haha,  I wouldn't take anything of value in there at the moment, it really is like a bombsite.  Good idea for the future though !
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16081
    sorry for interfering Con .......get your builder to remove the Carlite bonding on the outer wall where the pier beneath the beam has been roughed in with it ...........its a no no beneath 1.2 m from ground height as it will suck damp -should be done with sand and cement render and include a waterproof additive . Bonding causes hygroscopic head of water to rise osmotically - it's bad practice to use it for this application.
     As far as guitars are concerned ..........Albert Lee HH are just an amazing guitar ......despite the neck being the best in the world the variety of sounds and pickup combinations/coil splits make them the most versatile guitar there is -can sound stratty,
    Tele-ish or full on raunchy LP on the Humbuckers .........great little machine.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks Dominic, interesting re the bonding as I really don't have a bloody clue with these things.  I'm catching up with him later so I will definitely mention it :-)  Ta
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    @Majorscale you know you want it. As much as I want a Musicman Valentine. Except you can get this one right now. Absolutely love my Albert Lee HH. Best guitar I've ever bought and immediately gelled with :)

GLWTS
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • As my man mentioned I played this guitar back in December and it is truly awesome - if I hadn’t secured a Luke last week I would be knocking on his door to buy this beauty... great price as it’s in superb condition!
  • Thanks for the comments guys and best of luck with the Luke @lerxstmusicman , they are awesome too.  

• melodmelod Frets: 136
    Although I haven’t played the HH version, the SSS version was the one guitar that impressed me when I was considering a “dream guitar” last year. And I tried many guitars way beyond that price point.

If I was starting from scratch, that guitar would have covered all my “fenderish” needs.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited January 2018
    Is this collection only @DrCornelius ?

• Hi SS,  no postage is fine , I’ve got the hard case and a cardboard shipping box too.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16081
    melod said:
    Although I haven’t played the HH version, the SSS version was the one guitar that impressed me when I was considering a “dream guitar” last year. And I tried many guitars way beyond that price point.

If I was starting from scratch, that guitar would have covered all my “fenderish” needs.
    the HH is miles better ..........it can do all the in-between single coil sounds anyway but it's much ballsier - the SSS can sound a bit wiry .......you can hear it on so many of Albert's recordings ......he did a lot of the tour for the last Hogan's Heroes album using the HH for half the set and it sounded better to my ears .
  • SimonDSimonD Frets: 12
    Somebody buy this, they are amazing guitars.
  • PM’ed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Now that's gone you can sell that  valentine to me now lol
  • Sorry for the delay @alanohagan. ; It's not sold,

I'm on hold because as much as I love the twang and sound of my new Valentine, the Albert Lee feels so much easier to play, the size and shape just means your arms/hands fall into place really easily. I'm going to give it a few days and play them both as I really don't want to sell the Albert then regret it immediately !  I'm so used to the Albert (and the Luke) that the Valentine feels big in comparison, it may just be a matter of getting used to it.

If I do end up keeping the Albert and selling the Valentine you will be the first to know @hotpickups :-)

Sorry for the delay @alanohagan. ; It's not sold,

I'm on hold because as much as I love the twang and sound of my new Valentine, the Albert Lee feels so much easier to play, the size and shape just means your arms/hands fall into place really easily. I'm going to give it a few days and play them both as I really don't want to sell the Albert then regret it immediately !  I'm so used to the Albert (and the Luke) that the Valentine feels big in comparison, it may just be a matter of getting used to it.

If I do end up keeping the Albert and selling the Valentine you will be the first to know @hotpickups :-)

Well I know which path I'd prefer you to take LOL. I love my Albert Lee HH too though so I can feel your pain in deciding @DrCornelius ; :(
  • Thanks @DrCornelius hey your guitar your call man - no worries - I’ll stand by for an update  
  • I’ve just PMd @alanohagan to give him first dibs as I’ve decided I’m going to give the Valentine a proper chance to win me over.