SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - FS only MM Albert Lee HH in Black with all rosewood neck

What's Hot

Comments

• Sold subject to a few bits and bobs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ho hum , not sold and back up for sale .

TBF to the buyer on here he changed his mind very early on before seeing it . I left the guitar  showing as sold for a while as I was enjoying playing it :-)

Financial reality bites though after speaking to my financial advisor/life coach @JerkMoans ;
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8792

Financial reality bites though after speaking to my financial advisor/life coach @JerkMoans ;
    Wouldn’t take financial advice from me, amigo, unless you want to end up spending your time giving sexual favours for crack, and seeing your kids once a month under the watchful scrutiny of a social worker in a porta cabin round the back of Toymaster.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • That’s all behind me now, brush your teeth, wipe yourself down and move on as my caseworker used to say.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8792
    @Majorscale   Unfortunately this is what I see when I head into my kitchen at the moment

https://imgur.com/gallery/NhY2O
    The Fukushima look is tres on-trend this season.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7765
    If you prefer the feel then change the pickups, they're super hot Dimarzios directly transplanted from the Axis (basswood/maple) and are the original EVH design. Totally unsuited to this guitar (mahogany/rosewood) IMO.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2325

I have a non-Trem sunburst version and I love it. The prices on these new now are INSANE, but when you consider the quality and the neck, I suppose that is the reason.

I personally don't think the pickups are that 'hot'....maybe I'm wrong!

• DominicDominic Frets: 16089
    No they are not that hot at all and work superbly well in the guitar
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7765
    15-16k on the bridge & 12-13k on the neck is not hot? 
    If you enjoy rock music from the late 80's then I guess not but that's an awfully dark pickup set for a guitar with "dark" tone woods. 
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    15-16k on the bridge & 12-13k on the neck is not hot? 
    If you enjoy rock music from the late 80's then I guess not but that's an awfully dark pickup set for a guitar with "dark" tone woods. 
    Wow my les Paul is way hotter than my AL and they were supposed to be lo in that :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    Don't know what the figures are but they certainly don't seem particularly hot......the Albert HH is quite dark in sound tho' but I like that .........especially matched with a Blackface or Vox amp ...........I realise I don't like anything too bright 
  • Funny you should say that Dominic because I’ve just picked up one of my old amps - a Boogie Studio 22 and annoyingly the AL sounds very nice through the clean channel which I always though was a beefy blackface tone. I’m like you in that my favourite guitar tone is not bright , probably a Tele Bridge with the tone rolled a long way off.
    Yes, I know what you mean.....The Albert sounds perfect in that set up.........what always amazes me is that it can sound so beefy when you want for a skinny, undersized little lightweight guitar in full HB mode -it's really got some heft.
     And yet the SSS sounds skinny and wiry .....like a Strat's weedy little brother .
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7114
    edited January 2018
    Mr Bump -  now  £1250
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    That's a great price. I paid for than that for mine when bought used recently.

GLWTS
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Thanks HP - I agree of course :-)
  • On hold !
  • To make money why not take that dog of yours to a dog fight. With it's general psychopathically narky demeanor you should be raking it in
  • I’ve just told her that Travis and given her a map to your place - she’s offronted to say the least . She’s on her way round to seperate your dangly bits from your groin as we speak.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom