Juno / June 60 Chorus what’s the fuss?

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
https://youtu.be/gSmvOnEGll8

there are a couple of YouTube clips of the tc June 60 prototype from Guitcon but I’m liking these guys ( even if it sounds a bit crap ). 
Anyway, the original Roland Juno 60 Chorus is another classic effect ( if it was even available in it’s own right and not within a synth?) that’s passed me by over the years. What is/ was so great about it? 
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    It just makes the Juno sound huge when playing pads or chords, especially using the stereo outputs. I can't recall it ever being available as a pedal - maybe something like the DC-2 or 3 could get close.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    jpttaylor said:
    It just makes the Juno sound huge when playing pads or chords, especially using the stereo outputs. I can't recall it ever being available as a pedal - maybe something like the DC-2 or 3 could get close.

Yeh, doesn't seem to have ever been an actual pedal so , presumably, guitarists couldn't access the sound. So why tc think it's a thing we want now I don't really know.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    Imagine, if you will, a Boss CE-3 circuit with preset rate/depth parameters. Warm and slightly hissy. 

jpttaylor said:
    maybe something like the DC-2 or 3 could get close.
    Good call. The CE-20 is another alternative.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1058
    It sounds amazing on the juno.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Self thread revival as my phone told me this is actually launched now at NAMM. £49 at Gear4Music although not in stock yet. 
    Not sure who was actually waiting for this to come out but if you were it's nearly with us. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    The one bright side of not being able to play guitar anymore is that I won't accidentally plug into a chorus pedal.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    edited January 2019
    Very weird demo, especially considering that I would have thought that this was primarily aimed at synth players. I get that it’s a (guitar) pedal, but it’s a chorus that’s never been used on guitar before. Synth players will buy this, especially since Behringer have been on a roll with the Deepmind, D and Neutron (and soon to be followed by their SH-101, 808, Odyssey and Pro One clones).
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    edited January 2019
    I started watching this thinking it was a Chorus emulation from the Roland Juno 60

Not then knowing who was from, once started playing I thought - I have that tone already in the  Vibra Clone and then saw this June is also from TC... So just get the TC Vibra Clone for £37 and get the same tones plus Roto sounds

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>