Background music whilst playing - HOW ?

I was watching this video on youtube and the guy seems to play a background track so he can strum along.
I love this and the guy is way more advanced than me but I would like to know if anyone has an idea of what he might be using to play the music.

Just so you know, I have a fender guitar, a marshal amp and a focus rite scarlett 2i2 with software so maybe that can help ?

Any help appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIMIAJBAj8E
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Just sounds like he’s playing a backing track mate. Probably just through a pc. YouTube is full of backing tracks and if you google something like ‘reggae backing track’ you’ll find loads!

Have fun!
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Get a backing track (either download an audio file or extract audio from a YouTube video) and save it to your pc.

If your amp has an aux in and you don't want to record then just connect the headphone output of your pc to the aux in on your amp and go for it. 

If your amp doesn't have that option, or if you want to record yourself, then you can set up the software with your Focusrite to play the backing track and connect up your guitar to play along. There will be lots of tutorials on YouTube for your Focusrite to show you how to do that.