Hard Sun

What's Hot

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    I liked the ending...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I finally got to the end.  I suspect they will make another series but I don't care one way or they other.  Struggled with the characters and the story was poorly developed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I got so bored during episode 3, something about a priest or ...well, who cares. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Watched two episodes...total pap. The initial setup was actually pretty good, but then they did absolutely fuck-all useful with it in the second episode.

Disappointing.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229

I'm up to episode three and agree with @digitalscream ;

It's just another good cop,bad cop drama with a side story awkwardly bolted on top.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the levels of violence in it too,to be honest.A lot is a bit too gratuitous for my liking.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 

• I'm up to episode three and agree with @digitalscream ;

It's just another good cop,bad cop drama with a side story awkwardly bolted on top.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the levels of violence in it too,to be honest.A lot is a bit too gratuitous for my liking.
    That was my conclusion - a really interesting setup with a lot of potential in the first episode, and then they just use it as a backdrop for yet another procedural/monster-of-the-week show. What a waste.
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    I watched a couple and gave up.

Really quite poor. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    it was fantastically well filmed and the scenes and settings were great, I forgot how many great buildings London has, so was worth watching for that. Can't really comment on the plot or acting as both were largely absent for much of it, but when they do make an appearance I'm sure they will both be jolly good.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    It was...... very BBC. Watchable, but even the worst Netflix effort is more enjoyable IMO.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • My wife gave up after the first episode. I decided to persevere and watched it through on iPlayer while practicing my guitar, because I liked the basic concept.

Despite my hopes it never came together and the storyline seemed implausible and disjointed to me. A bunch of ideas with no real coherence or flow. At least I got in some guitar practice but, even then, there were better things that I could have used as a backdrop.
    It's not a competition.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

And we never did find out why Hicks killed his partner, so they'll have to be another series in order to find out.

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    Really enjoyed it. So there 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Thought it was lame, run of the mill, cop programme - the apocalyptic stuff was incidental. Cancelled series recording.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    Jalapeno said:
    Thought it was lame, run of the mill, cop programme - the apocalyptic stuff was incidental. Cancelled series recording.
    It's not a great bit of TV but I wouldn't say the apocalyptic theme was incidental, the type of crimes are directly related to "the end of the world is coming " 
    Personally I like bits of it, for something on BBC it's not so bad. Would personally prefer the licence money back though and continue watching HBO shows online
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229
    Just watched the last one.

Points for anyone getting the 'Hebert West' reference.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 604
    30 minutes in - that is not good BBC :-(
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    edited March 2018
    Just watched this...

Ridiculous story. Plot holes you could drive a bus through. Loved it.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    I don't think casting Michael Owen as a mothering cop was very convincing either...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
      Would you like some more cheese on that?

• seany65seany65 Frets: 264
    I never understood why the cop woman only released part of the file to the press. What did she gain by withholding some of it? That MFI wouldn't kill her 'cos they wanted the rest of the file? If we were all going to croak anyway what would that matter?

I think the truth is that the programme would've had to let us know what 'Hard Sun' actually was, and they were too lazy to do that.

I noticed early on that one of the things mentioned in the bit of the file that we got to see was that there would be lots of murders etc. perhaps that is what was meant by the 'mass extinction event', and that what was going to be actually happening to the sun wouldn't be the thing that killed us?

I was also wondering why no-one, anywhere, actually questioned how and why 'the scientists' would know what was going to happen in 5 years time?