Pickup Switch?

I've  a PRS CE, which in the main is a wonderful instrument (mostly excellent with a few baffling poor workmanship elements).  However, the pickup switch is in a stupid place (at least for me)!  So I wish to move it, swapping it with the volume pot - it will suit me far better.
Of course the holes are different sizes; fitting the volume in the switch is easy, a simple spacer solves that, but fitting the pup switch in the volume hole would require woodwork; simple stuff I know, but I'd much rather leave it alone.

So my quest: a switch that will fit in in a pot hole - anyone found one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GluedtoMusicGluedtoMusic Frets: 74
    tFB Trader
    Not sure if I've ever seen a 9.5mm toggle switch, but you could either use a mini toggle switch, which would fit a 6.35mm (1/4") hole, so you'd need a spacer or a washer, or you could go with a PRS style rotary switch, that will fit the 9.5mm pot hole exactly, but is a different switching action.
    Supplier of Gotoh, Fender, Gibson, Faber, Schaller, Hipshot, Floyd Rose, TonePros, Graph Tech, Hosco luthier tools and many more.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    edited January 2018
    A DP3T on/on/on mini switch would offer three simple coil permutations. (Typically, neck HB / both / bridge HB.)

A 4P3T on/on/on switch would enable three complex coil permutations.

According to Erica Jong, 
    "advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.