Think Fuzz tones stink ?........feast your ears on this

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 2193
    edited January 10
    I wouldn't buy anything from Scotty / ProAnalog.

If you want a quality MKIV with no shenanigans go and speak to Stu Castledine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Carew said:
    ^ thanks for the elaboration
    No problem :-) Welcome to the forum by the way!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ricorico Frets: 828
    The main thing I took away from both those demo vids is that the wang bar thing sounds incredibly shit. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 920
    edited January 10
    Pedal does nothing much for me, sounds more of a distortion/fuzz than proper fuzz. For me growly, spitty, saggy etc is what I love about a good fuzz. You can't always use a fuzz just like it's any other OD pedal. Pick attack/angle and how you play the guitar can make a big impact on well/effectively a fuzz works (esp Fuzz Face type).

That link about the builder would put me off anyway. What's with the American Jebus lovers writing bible crap in their pedals and charging silly money for them?
  • DungusDungus Frets: 65
    Sounds great, like most basic germanium fuzz pedal clones out there. Wait, what am I missing. The fact it's aimed at religious people so, therefore, it costs twice as much as it should? Is that the catch? No idea.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 862
    Jeeez doesn't sound good with dealings like that does it :(
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 2631
    I wouldn't buy anything from Scotty / ProAnalog.

If you want a quality MKIV with no shenanigans go and speak to Stu Castledine.
    Apparently the Proanalog has a regular clipping section in addition to the fuzz transistors. Then again the circuit looks just as simple as a regular fuzz. I'd love to build a clone.

• CarewCarew Frets: 8
    edited January 12

Apparently the Proanalog has a regular clipping section in addition to the fuzz transistors. Then again the circuit looks just as simple as a regular fuzz. I'd love to build a clone.

diode clipping?    i don't see any diodes.   i see three transistors.   what's the yellow thing?
    pedal fiend
    edited January 12
    I heard one demo video.   It didn't sound fuzz like enough for a fuzz for my liking.   Then I read some promo blurb: ah, it's not supposed to be a proper fuzz but a overdrive-cum-fuzz!  That explains it then. 
    So if you want a proper fuzz, look elsewhere as that's not it's intended purpose.
    pedal fiend
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 251
    Carew said:

diode clipping?    i don't see any diodes.   i see three transistors.   what's the yellow thing?
    I don't know a battery clip from a diode @Carew Can you recommend any resources to someone like me so I could identify components from gut shots like this? I want to educate myself. 
    BBBlues said:

I don't know a battery clip from a diode @Carew Can you recommend any resources to someone like me so I could identify components from gut shots like this? I want to educate myself. 
    in respect of that pedal, on the top side of the circuit board, there are:
    - the 3 black things are transistors.  (often these look like silver food cans, though)
    - the maggot things with multi coloured stripes are resistors.
    - I dunno what that yellow thing is.  it might be diodes in a prepackaged thing.
    - all the other things are capacitors.  there are three types used here: ceramic rounded thin ones (4 of), jelly tot ones (red 1 of)  cylindrical film ones (2 of).
    pedal fiend