SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1983 Greco RR65

What's Hot
MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
edited April 2014 in Guitars £
Up for grabs is this 'road worn' vintage Greco Les Paul Custom. This is the RR model which stands for Randy Rhoads. It has the rather excellent DRY1982 pickups which are the successor to the infamous DRYZ pickups. Warm and PAFfy is the order of the day here. The guitar is not in the best of condition cosmetic wise to be fair but plays and sounds fantastic. There are LOTS of chips, dings and scratches, the finish has gone a bit yellow, there's a re-fret, the bass tone knob has been replaced and there are no strap buttons. It looks like deeper than standard screws will be needed. The guitar comes with a gig bag. £470 delivered. I'm in York. I'm not looking for any trades.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
    bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    bump
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    bump
    the guitar has certainly had a few of those
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    I am curious about the colour.  The pictures show it varying between oatmeal and primrose yellow.
    Which picture is the most accurate representation of this guitar, and is it a good representation of the "real life" colour?
    What is the finish?
    What is the neck profile like on this?
    And finally, how much can you notice the dings in the neck when playing?
    Thanks.

The second and third pics are the best representation of the colour. The finish will be poly. I'd say the neck was medium sized. Not as thin as a 60's neck, not as fat as a 50's. If anything it's closer to a 60's than a 50's. There's a ding on the neck behind the second fret you can feel, it doesn't bother me but most of my guitars are vintage and have marks on them. If you're the type of player that thinks that might bother you, then I'd steer clear. It's a great guitar, 9.4lbs, not bad for a custom.
    Bump
    Bump
  • zenzeypherzenzeypher Frets: 265
    Hey dude. Id be interested but (in my opinion) £500 is quite steep for the condition.

Don't wanna sound like i'm just poo pooing on your asking price.
    bump
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 832
    Nice I had a les paul custom like that once-love the colour!
  • apezapez Frets: 0
    PM sent
    £470 delivered