C18Q1 - Keef-Caster - FINISHED!

What's Hot

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    rico said:
    @poopot they be nickel
    In that case... white wine vinegar will do it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    http://a64.tinypic.com/20prn7c.jpg

That was with with white wine vinegar... although those covers are raw nickel not nickel plated...

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    That is very handy to know, thanks @poopot ;

I have nickel tuners and nickel plated pickup covers so far, would a chrome bridge and control plate look out of place? Is it easy to dull chrome plated parts or would nickel plated be best?
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    rico said:
    That is very handy to know, thanks @poopot ;

I have nickel tuners and nickel plated pickup covers so far, would a chrome bridge and control plate look out of place? Is it easy to dull chrome plated parts or would nickel plated be best?
    Ye olde Teles had a mixture of chrome and nickel parts, so nothing would look out of place historically speaking. 

Chrome can't really be aged, at least not like nickel, you can only duff it up and leave the odd rusty speckle. 

Edit: I have just ordered a load of bits from @gavin_axecaster and managed to get (mostly) everything in matching aged nickel :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Parts ahoy! Courtesy of Axecaster - very speedily delivered :) All hardware is aged nickel with the exception of the pickguard screws which I will endeavour to age in white wine vinegar.

Should have the bridge and wiring loom in a couple of days!
    edited January 2018
    Just noticed all my pics have disappeared, I will do my best to replace them. Anyone have any idea why? They were hosted on postimage...

EDIT: they have reappeared!
    As per my ageing thread, ill put this here too. 

Gotoh bridge has arrived, soon to be aged with vinegar. They are brass saddles, the light kinda makes them look like the titanium ones though.

After a bit of a rub with some 1200 wet & dry and a few hours in some stale vinegar:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sham61Sham61 Frets: 26
    edited January 2018
    Just fitted an neck Irongear Blues Engine to my blonde Tele, with a four way switch. Originally had a pair of Dimazio Area-Ts. Sounds great in position 4 with the pickups in series. A good choice for the budget conscious. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    I really rate Iron Gear pickups and have several including the Blues Engines, really very good....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

If you haven’t got the pups yet give these a try.

https://www.priborapickups.com/

I blagged the voodoo strat set... £55 delivered I kid you not... at that price I took a punt and they are excellent, they have replaced a set of fralins in my main strat.... more on order for swampy!.
    poopot said:

I blagged the voodoo strat set... £55 delivered I kid you not... at that price I took a punt and they are excellent, they have replaced a set of fralins in my main strat.... more on order for swampy!.
    I’ve got the pickups already - Blues engine in the neck and a fortyniner in the bridge. I have all the parts, just need the neck and body!
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8822
    tFB Trader
    rico said:
    poopot said:

I’ve got the pickups already - Blues engine in the neck and a fortyniner in the bridge. I have all the parts, just need the neck and body!
    Patience young sir ;) not too much longer now 
    Some more parts have arrived and I have assembled what can be assembled:

Six string supplies wiring loom with push/pull on the tone to split the neck humbucker. The CRL switch has a really nice action, much more positive than the switch in my US Tele. CTS pots.

Oil City Forty Niner

It is complete! The body and neck arrived at about lunchtime yesterday and by about four o'clock it was all screwed together. I am VERY pleased. The neck is just sublime, easily the comfiest I have played. So much so that my US Tele is up for sale. 

The relic work is just spot on and does definitely feel like a guitar that has been played for years and years. I want to do another now!
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Cool man!
  • Nicely done :)