Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Man flu or whatever

What's Hot

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    57Deluxe said:
    rlw said:
    I can easily discount syphilis as I haven't met the necessary criteria for a little while now........
    toilet seats!
    If he's having sex with a toilet seat he's got a big penis..
    FTFY
    Size isn't everything.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @rlw if there was a £20 note on the floor 6 feet away from you would you pick it up?

N => flu
    Y => not flu
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Damn 6 weeks is a long time to be ill! I had a nasty chest infection for about 10 days last month and short little stint with fevers and blocked nose just before Christmas.
  • Just recovering from it myself.

The Mrs and I went away over Christmas to clear our heads and regroup after a lost my mum to cancer in November. Sadly, 2017 decided not to let either of us off the hook and consequently, we both came down with it on Boxing Day. She didn't get it anywhere near as bad as I did, but that was her third cold/virus in a row, whereas I hadn't really had a cold or anything in seven years. I also have ME, which is likely why it utterly wiped the floor with me.

Spent pretty much the whole holiday bedridden. As soon as I tried to sit up, the room would start spinning. Every cell in my body felt like it had been pulverised and my gastro-intentional tract felt like it had been through a mangle. Also, back pain like you wouldn't believe. The journey home was horrible. Spent a few more days in bed, feeling worse by the day, and then the Mrs phoned up NHS direct, who insisted on sending out an ambulance! That was an interesting evening.

I hadn't improved over the next couple of days, or had eaten anything in over a week, so the Mrs called out the doctor, as I still couldn't move without getting stupidly dizzy, and was in a lot of pain. The doctor prescribed some pills for the dizziness and some antibiotics. Within a couple of days, the antibiotics had made a distinct improvement on my condition. I could sit up for maybe an hour or so before the room started spinning, plus my appetite was slowly showing signs of returning. The third day I felt significantly better, not to mention ravenous!

I'm sure that if my wife hadn't called out the doctor and got me on antibiotics, I'd be very, very ill right now. I'm coughing up all sorts of nasty things and still feel very fragile/exhausted, but considerably better.

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    57Deluxe said:
    rlw said:
    I can easily discount syphilis as I haven't met the necessary criteria for a little while now........
    toilet seats!
    FTFY
    maybe it was oral.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2018
    I finished at the school on the 8th, came in on the 12th and 13th to help clear up, do heavy lifting, help the early years teachers clean all the toys etc. I was fine on the 14th, then on the 15th I came down with what felt like the mother of all colds, it hit me like a train, every symptom at once. Turned out to be a chest infection. I'd barely regained my appetite by Christmas day and I'm still coughing three weeks later.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    Just recovering from it myself.

The Mrs and I went away over Christmas to clear our heads and regroup after a lost my mum to cancer in November. Sadly, 2017 decided not to let either of us off the hook and consequently, we both came down with it on Boxing Day. She didn't get it anywhere near as bad as I did, but that was her third cold/virus in a row, whereas I hadn't really had a cold or anything in seven years. I also have ME, which is likely why it utterly wiped the floor with me.

Spent pretty much the whole holiday bedridden. As soon as I tried to sit up, the room would start spinning. Every cell in my body felt like it had been pulverised and my gastro-intentional tract felt like it had been through a mangle. Also, back pain like you wouldn't believe. The journey home was horrible. Spent a few more days in bed, feeling worse by the day, and then the Mrs phoned up NHS direct, who insisted on sending out an ambulance! That was an interesting evening.

I hadn't improved over the next couple of days, or had eaten anything in over a week, so the Mrs called out the doctor, as I still couldn't move without getting stupidly dizzy, and was in a lot of pain. The doctor prescribed some pills for the dizziness and some antibiotics. Within a couple of days, the antibiotics had made a distinct improvement on my condition. I could sit up for maybe an hour or so before the room started spinning, plus my appetite was slowly showing signs of returning. The third day I felt significantly better, not to mention ravenous!

I'm sure that if my wife hadn't called out the doctor and got me on antibiotics, I'd be very, very ill right now. I'm coughing up all sorts of nasty things and still feel very fragile/exhausted, but considerably better.

Not good.  I might visit the GP if this doesn't improve in a couple more days.

The room spinning is horrible isn't it.
    VimFuego said:
    57Deluxe said:
    rlw said:
    toilet seats!
    FTFY
    maybe it was oral.
    Get a life................
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700

This sounds like proper flu, you have my sympathies fella not good at all. Hope you're back to 100% soon. Take care

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    Boromedic said:

This sounds like proper flu, you have my sympathies fella not good at all. Hope you're back to 100% soon. Take care
    I doubt it. Flu is a virus and antibiotics are for bacterial infections. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rlw said:
    VimFuego said:
    57Deluxe said:
    rlw said:
    toilet seats!
    FTFY
    maybe it was oral.
    ?

• m_cm_c Frets: 1211
    I was out on the bike with a doctor mate at the weekend, and he was saying there's quite a lot of chest/sinus infections going around this year, that don't want to clear up very quick.

I got something the middle of last month. Felt a bit rubbish swimming one day, then next day woke with my nose blocked the worst I can remember, but once I was up and moving, the nose would clear and I'd feel relatively ok by lunch time. But do anything strenuous and I was a sweating quivering coughing wreck. It's only the past week, my chest has really started to clear, and get back to normal.
    I seem to of gotten of lightly though, as several guys at work were bed bound around the same time. One was even off for a week, came back for a couple days and seemed fine, then the next day had to be sent home again.

It certainly was not as bad as the suspected pneumonia I had a couple years ago. I say suspected, because I never actually went near the doctor and put it down to just a bad chest infection, that was very slow at clearing up. The same doctor mate wasn't too impressed when I told him the symptoms, and that I was still feeling the effects 3 months later. His only comment was, "That sounded like you had pneumonia. GPs normally like to see you when you're that ill". That took me a good 6 months to get back to full strength/fitness.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    Boromedic said:

I doubt it. Flu is a virus and antibiotics are for bacterial infections. 
    No shit sherlock....

I would argue based on his story that his first symptoms were flu which is why I said sounds like. This then weakened his immune system to allow a bacterial infection to take over, hence the antibiotics prescribed by his doctor. Bacterial infections are known to piggy back on colds and flu and take advantage of the illness. You knew that already too didn't you?

Without physically examining the OP and doing a full barrage of tests who knows exactly whats going on.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    If you’re not laid on the floor, at home, crying and wishing you were dead, it ain’t flu!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11813
    I just started coughing today, no blocked nose yet....going to get some OJ later and stock up.
  • NikcNikc Frets: 627
    I've been man down since the 3rd December every time I feel a bit better I take a nose dive - I have decided today to just not give a crap and mtfu - chances are I'll be in hospital tomorrow 
    VimFuego said:
    rlw said:
    VimFuego said:
    57Deluxe said:
    rlw said:
    toilet seats!
    FTFY
    maybe it was oral.
    I haven't got syphilis.
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    rlw said:
    I'm sitting at my desk with a thick head, blocked sinuses, a splitting headache and an evil smokers-style cough.  Occasional dizzy spells with blocked up ears too.   I feel like shit.  No problem, it'll pass in a couple of days.

Will it fuck.  Today is the start of week 3 as this started on Christmas Day.  I want to be normal again.  I want to be able to do things normal people do.
    What are you hitting it with? Mine was similar but got rid in about 4 days with just very mild sinus block and an occasional cough. 

Get down to Boots and get Night Nurse Day and Night. Also hit it at the same time with Ibufrofen. Squirt a decongestant up your nose, don't go out. Get a cough linctus as well like Covonia. I reckon you'll feel better in a day or two.

Love.... Dr. Wolfetone 
    rlw said:
    VimFuego said:
    rlw said:
    VimFuego said:
    57Deluxe said:
    rlw said:
    toilet seats!
    FTFY
    maybe it was oral.
    I haven't got syphilis.
    I never said you did, I was merely playing along with the running gag, and I was unsure why the get a life was directed at me and not everyone else. Ho hum.