Best way to get rid of warts.

What's Hot
markjmarkj Frets: 914
I have around 8 to 10 warts on my right hand of various sizes. I've tried the bazuka gel with not much success. what has worked for forum members with this problem.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Go to the doctor, get them frozen off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Rub a potato in them and bury the potato. 

Or get them frozen off. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7336
    rub raw steak on them and feed it to a dog
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

It's the only way. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Cover with a waterproof plaster, leave for 4 weeks. It starves the wart of oxygen. When you peel the plaster off, your skin is whitey-pink and wrinkly, and the wart peels off with the plaster. Rest of skin recovers in a day or two. No chemicals, no burning, no cutting. Worked for me :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Stop petting frogs then they'll go naturally...
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Cover with a waterproof plaster, leave for 4 weeks. It starves the wart of oxygen. When you peel the plaster off, your skin is whitey-pink and wrinkly, and the wart peels off with the plaster. Rest of skin recovers in a day or two. No chemicals, no burning, no cutting. Worked for me :)
    You can do it with Gaffer tape. Works quicker, might be some chemical in the tape that aids the process. My old doctor recommended it.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @JezWynd ylsned :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Rub a potato in them and bury the potato. 

Or get them frozen off. 
    CHRISB50 said:
    Fire. Lots of it. 

It's the only way. 

Rub a guitar pick on it, then play Arthur Brown's "Fire"!

(Has anyone done the "Nuke it from orbit" joke yet?)

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Go to the doctor, get them frozen off.
    Or get the "at home" freezing kits. You can get one with 10 applications for less than a tenner from Boots. I have one on my toe which I am trying to get rid of. I kind of really like the feeling when I apply the frozen nitrogen to it. If it is old, it can take several applications in which case the doctor will probably be able to do it faster.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    according to tom sawyer, it's a spud which you have to bury in a graveyard on the midnight of the funeral day of a murderer or other evil person. There is also an incantation, but I can't recall it. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    edited January 2018
    Soldering iron.

It worked for me, after various trips to the doctor and treatments (including freezing) had failed.

It really hurt, smelt awful and required an extreme amount of determination to hold it on long enough to do the job though.

And that was just one wart... not sure I could manage it with ten.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    ICBM said:
    Soldering iron.

It worked for me, after various trips to the doctor and treatments (including freezing) had failed.

It really hurt, smelt awful and required an extreme amount of determination to hold it on long enough to do the job though.

Did it affect your resistance? 

I'll get me coat
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    Soldering iron.

That only works for you hard, north-of-the-border types.

Not possible for us softie Sassenachs.

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    My autistic son seems to just bite them off with no pain or ongoing problems, but then he casually told me once he thought he had heard his hand break st school, I took him to the doctors and he had broken three bones.

You could give it a whirl.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    I did mine using a belt sander at work. It hurt like fuck and it grew back in the same place. I do not recommend that method.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    I did mine using a belt sander at work. It hurt like fuck and it grew back in the same place. I do not recommend that method.
    I gave you a wis for that because you have clearly learned from it.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Bazuka does work but it takes ages. My son had loads of verrucas on his foot when he was younger, took about six months of determined effort to get rid of the bloody things with Bazuka. Eventually I found out his best mate had been to the gp and had his veruccas taken off with nitrogen (they went to the same swimming club)... apparently took about 10 minutes and it cleared up in a couple of days. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3586
    Apple cider vinegar and waterproof plaster.